22.4 forced 6th punch

BrownAndDown1

My center manager had a sign posted in the oms office that said “all 22.4s are required to work mondays until further notice.” Last week the sign was removed and they have not posted another sign or said anything to me about working Monday. From what I understand they have to let you you know 48 hours in advance. Should I not answer the phone in the morning if they call?

My center manager had a sign posted in the oms office that said “all 22.4s are required to work mondays until further notice.” Last week the sign was removed and they have not posted another sign or said anything to me about working Monday. From what I understand they have to let you you know 48 hours in advance. Should I not answer the phone in the morning if they call?
For me, a sign wouldn't have been good enough anyway. You didn't have a documented conversation, I didn't hear you.

No, you shouldn't answer your phone for UPS on your day off. Ever.

TheBrownNote

Good thing I wore my brown pants
As a 22.4 your schedule is T-S or W-S, just as a rpcd is not scheduled saturday and can not be forced in without the proper notice (for us its 1 week notice to the next weeks scheduled change, so technically 2 weeks until the scheduled forced 6th punch day arrives), a 22.4 can not be forced in monday without the same notice (timing can be diffrenet per local, check your contracts). Dont even bother to call in and ignore them.

10:30 resi

Screenshot_20230508-091453~2.png

That says "this paragraph shall supersede any supplement, rider, or addendum on the same subject." Not "this paragraph shall supersede any supplement, rider, or addendum on the same subject unless your center management team tapes up a piece of paper that suggests otherwise." Tell them you will see them on Tuesday.

JL 0513

Strange that some centers are forcing 22.4's on Monday when others like mine cut so many routes on Monday that numerous RPCD's are offered the day off.

What gives the company the idea they can 'force' a 22.4 in on a Monday? Art 22.4 does allow rpcd to be forced in reverse order to cover staffing holes on Saturday or Sunday in accordance with your supplement. It says nothing of the sort about combo drivers on Monday. The schedule for a 22.4 is laid out in the article in black and white, 5 consecutive days tues- sat or weds- sun. The language for the schedule supersedes any language about being forced in by seniority in your supplement. If the company wants more drivers in seats on Mondays, the company needs to hire more rpcd.

Brownwind

Yup, doesn't add up. How can his center's Monday be that heavy when Saturday specifically extracts a ton of work from Monday?
And why doesn’t he just cash in knowing how things are going. Work now and worry about it later when you’re out of debt and have some seniority not to care.

Shorts365

Yup, doesn't add up. How can his center's Monday be that heavy when Saturday specifically extracts a ton of work from Monday?
My center has a forced-in list for Mondays from time to time. Usually its so they can loan out drivers to other centers.

And why doesn’t he just cash in knowing how things are going. Work now and worry about it later when you’re out of debt and have some seniority not to care.
I don't blame him, six days a week sucks. Its 20% more work, with 50% less rest. It takes a toll on your mind as well as your body. 5 days feels like you live in the truck already, 6 days feels like there is no light at the end of the tunnel. Don't forget his overtime rate is less than your straight time rate.

PT Car Washer

I don't blame him, six days a week sucks. Its 20% more work, with 50% less rest. It takes a toll on your mind as well as your body. 5 days feels like you live in the truck already, 6 days feels like there is no light at the end of the tunnel. Don't forget his overtime rate is less than your straight time rate.
Maximize lower wage 22.4 delivery drivers while minimizing higher wage delivery drivers. The same reasoning that a majority of UPS Teamsters are lower wage PT.

JustDeliverIt

“They don’t know that area”

( even with GPS )

🧔‍♂️✊

I’m always amazed when a high seniority cover driver complains about the route they’re on when the one they want has a newbie on it. I tell them to use your seniority and do the one you want.

Boss says they don’t know other areas.

They have to follow a line. How friend-ing hard is that!