Religion

Status
Not open for further replies.

It will be fine

so i watched the dick cheney movie, its a must watch although its not as good as the big short. it really felt like i was watching a monster movie. i knew dick was a bad dude, but there was stuff that i didnt know about like he accidentally shot someone.

this movie connects the military industrial complex, americas terrorism and the terrorists they supposedly fight, and the consolidation of power which i think began under W bush which ralph nader has been warning about for some time now.
“Accidentally” shot someone. I was in Montana when that news broke, I laughed out loud when it came on TV. The folks of Montana didn’t find it as amusing as I did.

rickyb

“Accidentally” shot someone. I was in Montana when that news broke, I laughed out loud when it came on TV. The folks of Montana didn’t find it as amusing as I did.
i didnt know about it.

i also didnt know that dick cheneys wife's dad killed his wife.

the movie starts off with dick cheney working on powerlines. one of the guys falls off and breaks his leg. the boss gives him $5 and tells him to be replaced. the disposability of the way they treat workers is similar to how dick treats american and other lives in wars he starts.

im gonna watch it again, but its a very dark movie, and its not really fun.

vantexan

hey since youre so open minded to minority views, you should go watch it.

o wait i forgot, left wingers dont believe in the rule of law, democracy, or any of that nonsense.
Your idea of democracy is starting a revolution and tearing everything down. No thanks.

vantexan

actually thats what dick cheney and bushy boy did in the middle east. but they dont want democracy. they want the opposite.
Really? As I recall Iraqis lined up by the millions to cast a vote in a free election made possible by removing Saddam. You wouldn't know democracy if it bit you on the ass.

rickyb

The struggle against the monstrous radical evil that dominates our lives—an evil that is swiftly despoiling the earth and driving the human species toward extinction, stripping us of our most basic civil liberties and freedoms, waging endless war and solidifying the obscene wealth of an oligarchic elite at our expense—will be fought only with the belief that resistance, however futile, insignificant and even self-defeating it may appear, can set in motion moral and spiritual forces that radiate outward to inspire others, including those who come after us. It is, in essence, an act of faith. Nothing less than this faith will sustain us. We resist not because we will succeed, but because it is right. Resistance is the supreme act of faith.

During the Vietnam War, on the afternoon of May 17, 1968, nine Catholics, including two brothers, the radical priests Phil and Dan Berrigan, entered the draft board in Catonsville, Md., and seized Selective Service records. They carted them outside to the parking lot in metal trash cans and set them on fire with homemade napalm—the recipe was from the Special Forces Handbook of the U.S. Army. The men and women, many of whom were or had been members of Catholic religious orders, stood and prayed around the bonfire until they were arrested. They were protesting not only the war but, as Dan Berrigan wrote, “every major presumption underlying American life.” They acted, and eventually went to prison, Berrigan went on, “to set in motion spiritual rhythms whose outward influences are, in the nature of things, simply immeasurable.”

Resistance Is the Supreme Act of Faith

Old Man Jingles

Rat out of a cage
Is DC Comics Publishing a Series Depicting Jesus Christ?

In January 2019 readers contacted us looking for confirmation that DC Comics will feature the biblical figure Jesus Christ in a different light.

The series Second Coming, written by author Mark Russell with art by Richard Pace, does indeed exist. But while DC is publishing it, the book will be a part of their Vertigo line, which is geared toward more mature readers. The first issue will be released on 6 March 2019.

Second-Coming-Cover-1-Copy.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.