Religion

Status
Not open for further replies.

bbsam

Staff member
So Jesus isn't offended or hurt by being labeled a homosexual?
Honest question:

Do you think Jesus would be offended or embarrassed to be seen in the company of thieves, or homosexuals, or lepers, or tax collectors, or Romans?

Because Jesus could and would have been labeled all such things by first century Jews.

Thankfully he stayed the course.

vantexan

Sure. If that’s what you want. But that’s not what you suggested I should do. You seemed to think heresy is somehow against the TOS.
So if he believes it to be heresy, just keep quiet and let people do what they want? If he voiced his beliefs he gets a chorus shouting him down. But that's ok in your book? Hide it under a bushel, no, I'm going to let it shine. Adultery is sin, fornication is sin, and trying to get rid of the result of doing such things is murder, sin. Even if you don't believe in God you ought to at least respect the sanctity of human life and the nobility of protecting the weak and innocent. Abortion is a cancer on the United States, and is very close to killing the soul of this country, if it hasn't already. And all the sneers from the morally corrupt won't change that. I am a weak sinner, and I know my place in heaven won't ever be found if I don't resist temptation and seek his salvation. And giving in to all the base instincts that seem to motivate all of us will not get me to heaven.

BrownFlush

Woke Racist Reigning Ban King
Honest question:

Do you think Jesus would be offended or embarrassed to be seen in the company of thieves, or homosexuals, or lepers, or tax collectors, or Romans?

Because Jesus could and would have been labeled all such things by first century Jews.

Thankfully he stayed the course.
The coarse was not to approve thieves , homosexuals. prostitutes.. The coarse was by his life and death they could change their coarse and be forgiven .

bbsam

Staff member
The coarse was not to approve thieves , homosexuals. prostitutes.. The coarse was by his life and death they could change their coarse and be forgiven .
And that timeline is not for you or I to determine.

Again. We’re those sinners of his flock offensive to the Lord?

BrownFlush

Pretty much the case. I mean, how is the Savior supposed to love and forgive your transgressions and mine while remaining forever offended?
Not offended of the violation ( sin is a violation of the law) if repented of ( stop violating the law ) forgiveness is given.
No repentance , no forgiveness.

BrownFlush

Sin offends Jesus?

C’mon man. “Father, forgive them....”

Even in the face of the most brutal of sin, no, Jesus is not offended.
When did the forgiveness of those that put him on the cross take place?
Acts 2:38...After they repented and were baptized .

Status
Not open for further replies.