Religion

Status
Not open for further replies.

rickyb

evil commander in a new hope doesnt believe in the force. vader force choked his ass.

brother and some respiratory therapists believe they are only a drop in the ocean.

rickyb

Screenshot_20211105-203939_Firefox.jpg

BrownFlush

Woke Racist Reigning Ban King
Do you work in order to celebrate your employer?

Because I celebrate Christmas to honor my Savior.

Big difference.
You miss.
How does God ( not you) want us to celebrate, honor ( worship ) and remember the Savior? Only three memorials that I know of, all of which point to his death and resurrection.
First, baptism in water reminds us of the death, burial and resurrection of Jesus (Rom. 6:3-4).
Second, the Lord's supper is a constant reminder of his death. As we partake of the unleavened bread and the fruit of the vine, we "proclaim the Lord's death till he comes" (1 Cor. 11:26).
Third, our worship on the Lord's day, the first day of the week, reminds us of his resurrection (Matt. 28:1; Acts 20:7; Rev. 1:10).

But, as the Catholic I think you are, you have all the man made up dogma you appeal to. I heard something the other day. I liked it...
Tradition: Giving into peer pressure from dead people.
The tradition I appeal to is the one found in the pages of the New Testament.
Christmas, Dec. 25th, etc....it ain't there.
But hey, I love the tree, the lights, the giving of gifts, the get togethers. You know, HOLIDAY. Nothing HOLY about it.

UnionStrong

Sorry, but I don’t care anymore.
You miss.
How does God ( not you) want us to celebrate, honor ( worship ) and remember the Savior? Only three memorials that I know of, all of which point to his death and resurrection.
First, baptism in water reminds us of the death, burial and resurrection of Jesus (Rom. 6:3-4).
Second, the Lord's supper is a constant reminder of his death. As we partake of the unleavened bread and the fruit of the vine, we "proclaim the Lord's death till he comes" (1 Cor. 11:26).
Third, our worship on the Lord's day, the first day of the week, reminds us of his resurrection (Matt. 28:1; Acts 20:7; Rev. 1:10).

But, as the Catholic I think you are, you have all the man made up dogma you appeal to. I heard something the other day. I liked it...
Tradition: Giving into peer pressure from dead people.
The tradition I appeal to is the one found in the pages of the New Testament.
Christmas, Dec. 25th, etc....it ain't there.
But hey, I love the tree, the lights, the giving of gifts, the get togethers. You know, HOLIDAY. Nothing HOLY about it.
Especially since Jesus was probably born in the spring. Christmas was appropriated from a pagan holiday

rickyb

Lineandinitial

Legio patria nostra
Still waiting for Assange to drop all that damaging information he supposedly had.
90,000 pieces of classified information. Referred to as “The Afghanistan War Logs”.
They were released, floated around for awhile and now you have to dig to find them.
Regardless of what civilians want to believe, it is a crime to compromise US military and other such Classied material.

zubenelgenubi

I'm a star
90,000 pieces of classified information. Referred to as “The Afghanistan War Logs”.
They were released, floated around for awhile and now you have to dig to find them.
Regardless of what civilians want to believe, it is a crime to compromise US military and other such Classied material.

Yeah, so when military and government officials commit crimes, they classify the info, making it a crime to expose their crimes. Pretty sweet set up.

Status
Not open for further replies.