Religion

Status
Not open for further replies.

TearsInRain

IE boogeyman
1659657237877661.jpg

BrownFlush

Woke Racist Reigning Ban King
I never told anyone to stop smoking pot. I don't believe it is a sin. If they do they should be mindful and not get addicted.
Yeah...
Walked up on Jesus the other day. He was teaching his disciples about about being an example and being careful about putting a stumbling block in front of those you are trying to teach the gospel.
He reached in his pocket and pulled out a bag of weed and began to roll a joint that would embarrass Cheech and Chong. He took a big hit and then he passed it around and all the disciples hit it.
It was beautiful.
There were some coughs, but before the smoke cleared, they all ran down the hill where Peter had pulled his boat up out of the water. They all tore into the fish he had caught earlier. They ate like mad dogs.
I was waiting to hear some teaching on how to be a good example but they all went to sleep after they ate.
Maybe next time.

Yeah...
Walked up on Jesus the other day. He was teaching his disciples about about being an example and being careful about putting a stumbling block in front of those you are trying to teach the gospel.
He reached in his pocket and pulled out a bag of weed and began to roll a joint that would embarrass Cheech and Chong. He took a big hit and then he passed it around and all the disciples hit it.
It was beautiful.
There were some coughs, but before the smoke cleared, they all ran down the hill where Peter had pulled his boat up out of the water. They all tore into the fish he had caught earlier. They ate like mad dogs.
I was waiting to hear some teaching on how to be a good example but they all went to sleep after they ate.
Maybe next time.
Are you saying you wouldn't drink some wine with Jesus?

It's the same category of stuff. Weeds reputation has just been ruined by a bunch of hippies and do nothings.

BrownFlush

Are you saying you wouldn't drink some wine with Jesus?

It's the same category of stuff. Weeds reputation has just been ruined by a bunch of hippies and do nothings.
Funny thing about sacrifice. When it's something you don't want to give up, you can find all kinds of ways to try and justify it.
It's not in the same category at all. Stop trying to make it so.
We've talked about the word wine in the text(oinos). It could be any of the 5 stages of the grape. The wine could have very well been fresh grape juice.In American English “wine” has a very definite meaning. It is an alcoholic drink made from fermented fruits, usually grapes.Not so in NT times.
I wouldn't want to do anything if I thought it would cause one to look at a Christian and think, why should I want to be a Christian, he's no different than I am.

Funny thing about sacrifice. When it's something you don't want to give up, you can find all kinds of ways to try and justify it.
We've talked about the word wine in the text(oinos). It could be any of the 5 stages of the grape. The wine could have very well been fresh grape juice.In American English “wine” has a very definite meaning. It is an alcoholic drink made from fermented fruits, usually grapes.Not so in NT times.
I wouldn't want to do anything if I thought it would cause one to look at a Christian and think, why should I want to be a Christian, he's no different than I am.
Yes and I also need to stop staring at YouTube videos and browncafe on my phone so much.

The ESV translation even says drunkard. Are we gonna go kjv only on browncafe tonight?

The Son of Man has come eating and drinking, and you say, ‘Look at him! A glutton and a drunkard, a friend of tax collectors and sinners!’
Luke 7:34 ESV

BrownFlush

The ESV translation even says drunkard. Are we gonna go kjv only on browncafe tonight?

The Son of Man has come eating and drinking, and you say, ‘Look at him! A glutton and a drunkard, a friend of tax collectors and sinners!’
Luke 7:34 ESV

Drunkard isn't in the text you're (water too wine) referring to.
"They" called him many things. You think the Lord was a drunk? lol
ESV is about all I use.
Jesus came eating and drinking (Mt. 11:19). He enjoyed such happy occasions as a wedding feast (Jn. 2) or eating a meal in a friend's house (Mk. 14:3). He instructed His disciples to give the appearance of joy even when they were fasting (Mt. 6:16-18). Jesus was not a man with a bitter disposition and pessimistic outlook on life; He was a man of joy.

Last edited:

UnionStrong

Sorry, but I don’t care anymore.
Drunkard isn't in the text you're (water too wine) referring to.
"They" called him many things. You think the Lord was a drunk? lol
ESV is about all I use.
Jesus came eating and drinking (Mt. 11:19). He enjoyed such happy occasions as a wedding feast (Jn. 2) or eating a meal in a friend's house (Mk. 14:3). He instructed His disciples to give the appearance of joy even when they were fasting (Mt. 6:16-18). Jesus was not a man with a bitter disposition and pessimistic outlook on life; He was a man of joy.
When he appeared to the apostles in the locked room after his death, he asked them for something to eat to prove he was real. I always got a kick out of that.

BrownFlush

No. I think they'll called him a drunk because he drank wine, Even though he drank wine but wasn't a drunk.
Was the wine fermented? Fresh grape juice in first century Palestine was "wine".

Don't you think it would be a little inconsistent for one of Jesus' Apostles, Peter, to condemn what you're trying to justify so you can smoke weed?
"For we have spent enough of our past lifetime in doing the will of the Gentiles—when we walked in lewdness, lusts, drunkenness, revelries, drinking parties, and abominable idolatries." - 1 Peter 3:4 NKJ
Drinking parties? That would include even social drinking. Why? What's the purpose ? To get drunk, buzzed, etc.
I'd be careful in claiming the Lord participated in such and was also responsible for making others be stupid.

If you want to smoke weed, do it. But, stop trying to put the Lord's stamp of approval on it. You don't have the scripture to back it.

Was the wine fermented? Fresh grape juice in first century Palestine was "wine".

Don't you think it would be a little inconsistent for one of Jesus' Apostles, Peter, to condemn what you're trying to justify so you can smoke weed?
"For we have spent enough of our past lifetime in doing the will of the Gentiles—when we walked in lewdness, lusts, drunkenness, revelries, drinking parties, and abominable idolatries." - 1 Peter 3:4 NKJ
Drinking parties? That would include even social drinking. Why? What's the purpose ? To get drunk, buzzed, etc.
I'd be careful in claiming the Lord participated in such and was also responsible for making others be stupid.

If you want to smoke weed, do it. But, stop trying to put the Lord's stamp of approval on it. You don't have the scripture to back it.
If the wine wasn't fermented then why did that master of the feast call the guests "well drunk", and why did the phllistines call Jesus a drunkard?

I am just repeating myself to you at this point.

UnionStrong

Sorry, but I don’t care anymore.
If the wine wasn't fermented then why did that master of the feast call the guests "well drunk", and why did the phllistines call Jesus a drunkard?

I am just repeating myself to you at this point.
Was it an Irish wedding? That would explain the drunks, they brought their own whiskey.

Status
Not open for further replies.