Religion

Status
Not open for further replies.

wkmac

My best wishes to all those who started their day early by going out and observing the miraculous miracle of the Risen Sun!

bbsam

Staff member
Nobody is forcing you bbsam. When is offering an opinion force?
LOL. You have it wrong. I was simply musing that the answer would be "no" so my position would be "why bother?"

What if the real position of each religious body, atheists, and agnostics was, "This is what we believe. Take it or leave it."

Because isn't that really the fact of the matter anyway? People are free to believe in or not believe in whatever they want. Even if taught in schools (creationism) parents and students alike could easily say, "That's a load of horse crap." Much like economic theories, but somehow religious theory is threatening it would seem.

wkmac

LOL. You have it wrong. I was simply musing that the answer would be "no" so my position would be "why bother?"

What if the real position of each religious body, atheists, and agnostics was, "This is what we believe. Take it or leave it."

Because isn't that really the fact of the matter anyway? People are free to believe in or not believe in whatever they want. Even if taught in schools (creationism) parents and students alike could easily say, "That's a load of horse crap." Much like economic theories, but somehow religious theory is threatening it would seem.

Seems my own theory about religion is threatening.

bbsam

Staff member
Oh? I've always found religion interesting in a day to day kind of way and a bit in historical context but the argumentative stuff seems strange and missing something fundamental to me.

wkmac

Oh? I've always found religion interesting in a day to day kind of way and a bit in historical context but the argumentative stuff seems strange and missing something fundamental to me.

Whose arguing with you?

P

pickup

My best wishes to all those who started their day early by going out and observing the miraculous miracle of the Risen Sun!

That miracle really takes place on December 25 after the sun was dead for three days before it starts moving northward again relative the earth and that tilted axis it has.

wkmac

That miracle really takes place on December 25 after the sun was dead for three days before it starts moving northward again relative the earth and that tilted axis it has.

Yes but millions of christians gathered in places all over the world this morning looking east to marvel at the risen sun.

P

pickup

Yes but millions of christians gathered in places all over the world this morning looking east to marvel at the risen sun.

Gotta worship the sun, if we don't feed it our love and affection, it will lose its power and go out just like any other God or morphic field.

Speaking of which Neil gaimans book American Gods is being made into a cable tv series. There you will see what happens to Gods when they are no longer being worshipped. Easter still does very well but only because she still gets worship albeit not in the most direct way.

Jones

fILE A GRIEVE!
Staff member
Gotta worship the sun, if we don't feed it our love and affection, it will lose its power and go out just like any other God or morphic field.

Speaking of which Neil gaimans book American Gods is being made into a cable tv series. There you will see what happens to Gods when they are no longer being worshipped. Easter still does very well but only because she still gets worship albeit not in the most direct way.
That was an excellent book, I'll keep an eye out for the series.

Status
Not open for further replies.