Religion

Status
Not open for further replies.

rickyb

i feel like anyone who is religious who is not engaged in making the world a better place by political / economic means isnt being true to religion.

isnt the point of religion to make the world a better place? if one is serious about that goal, then i dont see any other more effective way than what i said above.

i wonder why most people are religious to begin with, including the majority of people who are likely doing it wrong

anyways, carry on with your complaining on the UPS forum and doing nothing.

rickyb

one of the problems with religion is that it may not be specific enough.

you have to spell it out for people: get involved in a political / economic movement to make the world a better place

rickyb

in the bill moyers interviews with joseph campbell (mentor to george lucas for star wars mythology) bill asks something like where is bliss or where is heaven? joe basically replies its in this life now.

so when i think of religion it makes far more sense and its probably far more constructive to look at terms like heaven as metaphorical. so to me, heaven would be maximum justice / freedom / and happiness for the most amount of people possible now and in the future on earth.

so the way to bring about heaven on earth is political / economic struggle.

Brownslave688

You want a toe? I can get you a toe.
i feel like anyone who is religious who is not engaged in making the world a better place by political / economic means isnt being true to religion.

isnt the point of religion to make the world a better place? if one is serious about that goal, then i dont see any other more effective way than what i said above.

i wonder why most people are religious to begin with, including the majority of people who are likely doing it wrong

anyways, carry on with your complaining on the UPS forum and doing nothing.
So you're not a Joel fan?

rickyb

Of all the vile, fake, lying-ass, money-grubbing shyster scumbags on the face of this planet, there is perhaps none more loathsome than Osteen, a human haircut with plastic baseball-size teeth who has made a fortune selling the appalling only-in-America idea that terrestrial greed is actually a form of Christian devotion. "God wants us to prosper financially, to have plenty of money, to fulfill the destiny He has laid out for us," Osteen once wrote. This is the revolting, snake-oil-selling :censored2: that John McCain actually chose to pimp as number one on his list of inspirational authors. So much for "go, sell everything you have and give to the poor," and all that other hippie crap from the New Testament. - matt taibbi

alot of joels twitter quotes are garbage. how are you gonna bring heaven on earth if you dont actually do anything?

DriveInDriveOut

Inordinately Right
Why is it that you don't hear if any Mosques opened their doors to flood refugees ?
why is it that joel olsteen's church lied to everyone that their building was flooded, and when they got called out on twitter by people taking pictures of their mega tax scam building sitting pretty high and dry, they shifted their story and claimed they always planned on letting people in.

Babagounj

Strength through joy
why is it that joel olsteen's church lied to everyone that their building was flooded, and when they got called out on twitter by people taking pictures of their mega tax scam building sitting pretty high and dry, they shifted their story and claimed they always planned on letting people in.
Takes time to clean up the place since their last sex orgy.

DriveInDriveOut

Inordinately Right
Takes time to clean up the place since their last sex orgy.
Between that, molesting children, and eating and drinking the flesh and blood of gods, and they even have time to lock their doors to flood victims in a time of crisis. Christians sure do use their time efficiently.

Status
Not open for further replies.