Religion

Status
Not open for further replies.

Old Man Jingles

Rat out of a cage
Same place they go now. Non believers = sinners Believers = believing sinners, we're all sinners Ext your ri, I choose to believe, you choose not to, doesn't make me better person than you at all, just means I chose to believe the Word of God.
I respect your right to your religion.

MAKAVELI

As far as you can understand.
You have shown your ignorance on many other subjects with no glint of your blindness.
But don’t feel bad ... many people do not have the spiritual gene.

Bless your heart!
We are all ignorant when it comes to life after death. Anyone who claims otherwise is truly blind.

MAKAVELI

Same place they go now. Non believers = sinners Believers = believing sinners, we're all sinners Mak, I choose to believe, you choose not to, doesn't make me better person than you at all, just means I chose to believe the Word of God.
So there was a hell in the beginning?

floridays

Go forth and do not ‘sin’ (fall short of your mark).
He said that, to the woman at the well, if that was a qualifier for eternal life, no one would ever reach the mark. Peter denied the Lord, King David was a murderer and adulterer, I'm thankful that my sin is not imputed to me, it is laid on my God, he chose to do it. Blessed is the Man whose sin is not imputed to him. It's scripture. i'm blessed, not because there is anything lovely about me. Jesus Christ came to save sinners. I'm chief.

floridays

The point is that we will fail, which is why it's necessary for Jesus to have died for us, and, in turn, to have faith that God will do what He says He will do. The question is, if you do not follow His commands, have you truly put your faith in Him?
And the answer is where does your faith lie, in your walk or God's word. You believe what he says or you don't. If you walk astray and doubt creeps in, where is your faith? In your walk or his word? Scripture tells me I'm kept by the power of God, I'm thankful, on my own I couldn't even get to the place to be kept. I guess I have a major plus at recognizing that I am a major sinner. God offered Grace, forgiveness through the shed blood of his son, I don't accept gifts easily, but that.. yeah buddy.

floridays

I see how humanity has twisted spirituality and religion to their benefit.
No religion, no spirituality, God provided a sinless sacrifice, His Lamb, to take our place, to satisfy His Father, so he could welcome back Man, his creation.

floridays

Sorry but too many wars and bloodshed in the name of God says otherwise,
It's your choice Mak, I'd force you personally to change your mind if I could. We bitch and cut and piss on each other, but I truly like you. We just disagree. Maybe someday you may change your mind on this.

Old Man Jingles

Rat out of a cage
Except the man that was raised from the dead, that was beheld by hundreds, disregard his claims if you choose to.
Your post is based on a given that events and history as presented in The Bible are inerrant which is not likely.
Spirituality exists within the realm of the unknown and is based on faith.
Knowledge of facts are irrelevant in Spirituality.

floridays

Your post is based on a given that events and history as presented in The Bible are inerrant which is not likely.
Spirituality exists within the realm of the unknown and is based on faith.
Knowledge of facts are irrelevant in Spirituality.
And each person is held accountable for their choice, I'm just trying to relate the fact that if the right choice is made the truth is made fully evident. The spirit world is encompassed by bad spirits as well as good spirits and to go further the Holy Spirit. When one delves in spirituality for experiments sake beware what may come from it. The Holy Spirit will only take residence within a human upon faith in the Son of God, Jesus the Messiah, The Christ
The Son of the living God.
It's simply the truth, I have no shame proclaiming it, even being mocked saying it.

35years

Gravy route
Faith and reason are not mutually exclusive. Each help to guide the other. Indeed, one who refuses to know God will have an intellect which is darkened to the reality of both God and of himself.

God alone can rid us of the pride and passions which cloud our ability to perceive truth. By his grace our intellectual powers, darkened by original and personal sin, can be healed and strengthened.

Status
Not open for further replies.