Remember the good old days?

Lazarus

I remember when we were allowed to figure things out. Now its just follow the docks. Don't use your brain. Self training is not a PMT item.

exit63

Seems like you ARE figuring things out....the question is: do you have the cajones to do anything about it.

'Dead meat doesn't get any fresher'...OLd UPS saying

Oh man I can remember plenty of things that were better in the good ole days:

Yosemite was the log system and it didn't care about your miles or time. The log was either open or closed.

Being proactive actually paid off.

Self development time was learning whatever you wanted to learn.

You did your own troubleshooting.

Having skills.

Building your own test systems at home or at work and getting away with it.

6.5 and 80% didn't mean anything.

ImpactedTSG

Yosemite was the log system and it didn't care about your miles or time. The log was either open or closed.

Having skills.

When you said the good old days, I thought you meant playing first person shooter games on the LAN, walking around for hours talking to the sups and managers about nonsense, going to every meeting room you could find that had food, 1.5 hour lunches, watching movies....those were the good old days.:happy-very:

Last edited:

nerrollus

Yup ... that's what IT is all about. Wish we could get rid of these :censored2: bags that are in charge now and actually get back to business.

nerrollus

Now how do ya plan to do that?

lol, only way to do that now is to quit and go somewhere that actually gives a crap about their employees instead of a bunch of numbers on a spreadsheet.

.... Or just wait until the current overlords finally get promoted elsewhere and someone with half a brain takes over.

O

ObamaMama

lol, only way to do that now is to quit and go somewhere that actually gives a crap about their employees instead of a bunch of numbers on a spreadsheet.

.... Or just wait until the current overlords finally get promoted elsewhere and someone with half a brain takes over.

And where would you go? And, how long will you wait? And where will you find a manager at UPS with half a brain?

Dfigtree

And where would you go? And where will you find a manager at UPS with half a brain?

And where would you go? Anywhere but UPS IS?
And, how long will you wait to find a UPS manager with half a brain? Forever? Check their pedigrees. Check the KILLErs beer belly. He's an alcoholic and should be getting treatment not promotions. Do you think UPS could recover from a disaster? No freakin' way and you are the reason.

Managers like Little House of Horrors, Ugly House in Naples, Circular Redundancy Check, KLaSsless, etc. they are all just

little people in Big Suits without morals or ethics without care for the real UPSers.

Remember that in 1933 no decent Germans could obtain a position of authority. And, so it is in I.S. After the lunatics take over the asylum, it's time to head for the hills.

ERA? Evaluate Ruthless Authority? Why bother?

nerrollus

After the lunatics take over the asylum ....

That pretty much sums it up ....

The only reason I'm still at that toilet is because the hours let me stay in school and still be able to spend time with my family. Once I'm done with school I'll just be a cloud of smoke and a spinning chair.

If I could actually find a job that let me keep the same hours as I do now, I'd be out of there even faster.

O

ObamaMama

That pretty much sums it up ....

The only reason I'm still at that toilet is because the hours let me stay in school and still be able to spend time with my family. Once I'm done with school I'll just be a cloud of smoke and a spinning chair.

If I could actually find a job that let me keep the same hours as I do now, I'd be out of there even faster.

If your good what you do, follow your instncts.

T

The Worm

Dfig:

Little House of Horrors? You crack me up!

Go UPS!
P71

Maybe it should read

Honey, I blew UPS the Data Center and I Don't Have a Tested Recovery Plan?
or
Honey, I blew UPS the Data Center and I Don't Have any friends?

Anyway,
May the schwartz be with you, oh mighty P71.
And from this WORM, to ALL of G-d's children (heck I'm a democrat)
Peace on Earth to men of good will. Merry Christmas, Happy Kwanza, and if you are out in Santa Monica you may have just missed Chanukah. G-d bless.

A

an anonymous guest

UPS is like a giant train going down that track. It happens to have a few crappy conductors on it...but it has no effect on the train. A few passengers can't take it and jump off, never to be seen again, but the train rolls on....

Go UPS!
P71
Merry Christmas to all, and to all a good ride!

nerrollus

UPS is like a giant train going down that track. It happens to have a few crappy conductors on it...but it has no effect on the train. A few passengers can't take it and jump off, never to be seen again, but the train rolls on....

Go UPS!
P71
Merry Christmas to all, and to all a good ride!

Until the engineer gets drunk at the wheel and runs us off the tracks, off a cliff, and onto a burning nitroglycerin plant...

I

ImpactedT

Having skills.

6.5 and 80% means nothing to any other I.T. employee in any other company in the world. This is not IT. This is made-up UPS :censored2::censored2::censored2::censored2::censored2:.