Remember, we care about you....

ContainmentIssue

Two 5+ year drivers terminated yesterday for attendance. I get it, you have to come to work, but this is a reminder to members who may think you have a good relationship with management and nothing like this would happen to you. When it comes down to it, they have no problem walking you out the door 6 days before Christmas; they're not your friend and are looking for any excuse to fire you, especially right now.

PT Car Washer

Two 5+ year drivers terminated yesterday for attendance. I get it, you have to come to work, but this is a reminder to members who may think you have a good relationship with management and nothing like this would happen to you. When it comes down to it, they have no problem walking you out the door 6 days before Christmas; they're not your friend and are looking for any excuse to fire you, especially right now.
Call in the air drivers. Have me on a route today I assume because of too many call ins.

I have NOT been lurking

Degenerate Member
This is layoff period

542thruNthru

How often were they calling out? Also are they terminated or terminated pending grievance hearing?

Thebrownblob

Was this at a panel? How do you get terminated If it’s not a panel decision? Did they agreed to termination?

Every termination here has to go to a hearing. And if it’s deadlocked, it would go to a panel, rarely do people lose their jobs for attendance. having said that I would tell those people to fix their attendance issues.

Last edited:

ContainmentIssue

How often were they calling out? Also are they terminated or terminated pending grievance hearing
The call outs were getting frequent for a few months, thought 1 had Fmla though. The talk is they didn't grieve properly during the progressive discipline process, but I don't think they actually served any of the suspensions? Attendance overall is what we heard.

ContainmentIssue

Was this at a panel? How do you get terminated If it’s not a panel decision? Did they agreed to termination?

Every termination here has to go to a hearing. And if it’s deadlocked, it would go to a panel, rarely do people lose their jobs for attendance. having said that I would tell those people to fix their attendance issues.
I agree they need to come to work; they got walked out before start time yesterday

Coldworld

60 months and counting

Well attendance would be a working termination correct? So I'm betting they didn't file a proper grievance or an untimely grievance and now it's too late.

Perhaps, and if that’s the case that’s on them.
Some drivers now just say :censored2: it and don’t care if they get canned. Different times, different generation.