Rep that hired me is now a non-working number...am I still hired?

I was recently hired by UPS to work in a warehouse in Charlotte, NC. Over the phone, I told the representative who hired me that I needed to schedule my orientation for a time after August 28. I explained that I would not be coming into town until then and so physically I would be unable to attend anything before then. He acted like that would be no problem. A few days later I got an email saying it was scheduled for August 27. I sent the representative a message clarifying that I could not make any meetings before the 28th. He messaged me back the following day saying he would reschedule. That was on August 26 and I have emailed him three times with no response and every time I try to call the number he called me through I get a message saying it is a non-working UPS number. I have tried getting in touch with UPS by other means but I can’t for the life of me find a live person to talk to. So I thought I would check here to see if anyone had any advice on what I should do next?

burrheadd

KING Of GIFS
I was recently hired by UPS to work in a warehouse in Charlotte, NC. Over the phone, I told the representative who hired me that I needed to schedule my orientation for a time after August 28. I explained that I would not be coming into town until then and so physically I would be unable to attend anything before then. He acted like that would be no problem. A few days later I got an email saying it was scheduled for August 27. I sent the representative a message clarifying that I could not make any meetings before the 28th. He messaged me back the following day saying he would reschedule. That was on August 26 and I have emailed him three times with no response and every time I try to call the number he called me through I get a message saying it is a non-working UPS number. I have tried getting in touch with UPS by other means but I can’t for the life of me find a live person to talk to. So I thought I would check here to see if anyone had any advice on what I should do next?

rep dosent have time for your games try Fedx ground

rep dosent have time for your games try Fedx ground

Doesn’t have time for games? Let’s see...to say he would schedule it for a certain time and then not schedule it for that time, then say he will reschedule it, and subsequently refuse to email me back and go so far as to make his phone number non-working...sounds like he’s just playing around to me.

Method Mensch

Just try dialing random numbers until you find the right person

burrheadd

KING Of GIFS
Doesn’t have time for games? Let’s see...to say he would schedule it for a certain time and then not schedule it for that time, then say he will reschedule it, and subsequently refuse to email me back and go so far as to make his phone number non-working...sounds like he’s just playing around to me.

you don’t understand how ups works
Let this be your first lesson

EverybodyLovesMike

No, my name isnt mike
Show up to the hub and speak to any supervisor you can. Trust me, they'll eventually get you in the door as peak season is coming up.

One thing for the future. Pay your union dues! Think of it as job insurance if you have to. I know them southerners aren't even familiar with what a union can do for you, but you will learn. Dont be a freeloader and get yourself that job insurance. You'll thank me later a year down the road when you get an unlawful termination and you're running to the union for help. You're welcome.

SorryLazyPOS

Big Kahuna Burger
You’ve made a mistake I’ve dropped everything for the company. I’ve quit crap retail jobs without notice. Now, after 6 years, I’m finally topped out. And trust me people have waited way longer to get that top rate. You gotta do what you gotta do.

You’ve made a mistake I’ve dropped everything for the company. I’ve quit crap retail jobs without notice. Now, after 6 years, I’m finally topped out. And trust me people have waited way longer to get that top rate. You gotta do what you gotta do.

I don’t understand what this has to do with my hiring rep ghosting me.

NAHimGOOD

Nothing to see here.... Move along.
tenor.gif