REPARATIONS HEARINGS! FREE STUFF?

Babagounj

Strength through joy
If reparations are for decades of wrongs suffered by melanin enhanced individuals, will the IRS then bill for back taxes? And will California then bill them for their unpaid 12.4% state and local taxes? And will said reparations end all further entitlements provided by both State and Federal governments?

So many questions......
Doesn't the IRS also want interest paid on back taxes ?
That should take out a hefty amount.

vantexan

If reparations are for decades of wrongs suffered by melanin enhanced individuals, will the IRS then bill for back taxes? And will California then bill them for their unpaid 12.4% state and local taxes? And will said reparations end all further entitlements provided by both State and Federal governments?

So many questions......
Settlements are usually tax free.

Box Ox

San Franciscans line up at board meeting to sing and shout their support for a reparations plan to give every black resident $5M, wipe personal debt, provide $97K incomes and homes for just $1 - and no one asks how the city will foot the bill​

Hopefully higher level courts will step in if self-interested and/or virtue signaling nutcases (especially in historically non-slave states) get far enough along in trying to shovel taxpayer money to people based on their skin color.

Babagounj

Strength through joy
Here's a twist.

• Reverend Amos Brown is the vice chair of Gov Gavin Newsom's nine-person reparation committee
  • He is also part of the San Francisco African American Reparations Advisory Committee which published their $5million suggestion in December
  • But he has now said the money would be better spent in the community in a statement for The National Association for the Advancement of Colored People

Box Ox

Here's a twist.

• Reverend Amos Brown is the vice chair of Gov Gavin Newsom's nine-person reparation committee
  • He is also part of the San Francisco African American Reparations Advisory Committee which published their $5million suggestion in December
  • But he has now said the money would be better spent in the community in a statement for The National Association for the Advancement of Colored People

People will fight for it anyway. I’d fight pretty hard for a shot at $5 million if there were a chance that my skin color might qualify me for it. Most people would.

I didn’t know about the proposed items that would be in addition to the $5 million payments until I read the linked article:

“Dr Brown, 82, is quoted in the original AARAC proposal, which was published in December.

It suggested awarding every black resident $5 million, wipe their personal debt, guarantee a $97,000 income for 250 years and $1 homes.”

Babagounj

Strength through joy
People will fight for it anyway. I’d fight pretty hard for a shot at $5 million if there were a chance that my skin color might qualify me for it. Most people would.

I didn’t know about the proposed items that would be in addition to the $5 million payments until I read the linked article:

“Dr Brown, 82, is quoted in the original AARAC proposal, which was published in December.

It suggested awarding every black resident $5 million, wipe their personal debt, guarantee a $97,000 income for 250 years and $1 homes.”
Now if those homes were placed along the southern border ?

Wally

BrownCafe Innovator & King of Puns
They should pass a reparations tax on housing. Every California resident must pay. Share the pain!

Babagounj

Strength through joy
Just where will CA get the $880B+ ?
At the rate this stupidity keeps going up it will easily pass ONE TRILLION very soon.
Does CA have that kind of rainy day fund handy ?
Will they have to beg DC for the money ?