Repug versus Dimwit perception of the electoral map of the United States

bbsam

Staff member
So you think they should dictate everything else? By the way check out California's tent cities, hypodermic needles spread everywhere, through the roof costs, and open door to illegal immigration and then tell me why they should dictate anything to the rest of the country.
I don’t say they should. I say they do.

Politics is whimsical. Voters are crazy.

Businesses have to be savvy. When California puts out strict emissions standards, companies comply. Why? Because they want to sell in California. And it’s more cost effective to build for the strictest standards than to build to different standards.

And to whom do banks look to? Wall Street and New Jersey. Nobody care what the South Dakota Stock Exchange is doing. Ever.

And for all the hullabaloo is that goes on politically, pathetically little ever really changes.

vantexan

I don’t say they should. I say they do.

Politics is whimsical. Voters are crazy.

Businesses have to be savvy. When California puts out strict emissions standards, companies comply. Why? Because they want to sell in California. And it’s more cost effective to build for the strictest standards than to build to different standards.

And to whom do banks look to? Wall Street and New Jersey. Nobody care what the South Dakota Stock Exchange is doing. Ever.

And for all the hullabaloo is that goes on politically, pathetically little ever really changes.
Ever wonder why so many credit card companies have headquarters in Sioux Falls? Companies take advantage of local conditions wherever they might be. Is why so many companies moved headquarters from NYC to nearby Connecticut in the 80's.

bbsam

Staff member
Ever wonder why so many credit card companies have headquarters in Sioux Falls? Companies take advantage of local conditions wherever they might be. Is why so many companies moved headquarters from NYC to nearby Connecticut in the 80's.
Connecticut is East Coast.

Think anything happens in Sioux Falls before it’s Ok’d out East?

vantexan

Connecticut is East Coast.

Think anything happens in Sioux Falls before it’s Ok’d out East?
Headquarters implies they make decisions there. Of course New York is a world headquarters for finance. That doesn't mean they get to decide everything for everyone. If that were true Hillary would be president.

bbsam

Staff member
Headquarters implies they make decisions there. Of course New York is a world headquarters for finance. That doesn't mean they get to decide everything for everyone. If that were true Hillary would be president.
Don’t be naive. Wells Fargo has a credit card department in Sioux Falls. I’m sure it’s president knows exactly what New York expects and should he/she want to remain employed...well you get the picture.

vantexan

Don’t be naive. Wells Fargo has a credit card department in Sioux Falls. I’m sure it’s president knows exactly what New York expects and should he/she want to remain employed...well you get the picture.
Wells Fargo is headquartered in San Francisco.

Old Man Jingles

Rat out of a cage
Like UPS did in 1993.
Greenwich, CT to Atlanta, GA

Old Man Jingles

Rat out of a cage
Charlotte, NC is the second largest Financial Center in the USA.

vantexan

You're arguing since there are so many liberals concentrated in New York and California their influence in national elections is limited to their electoral college votes which isn't fair. The framers obviously anticipated power being concentrated in large cities and wanted all parts of the country to have a say in how things are done. If you want national influence you have to earn it. As demonstrated by the Green New Deal liberals often want to take things too far too fast. Those conservative hicks in the sticks often have a much more steady approach to things. Want to get elected? Have a moderate approach in between that gets the most votes and insures extremists on either side don't take over. Trump is only radical to the far Left and doesn't go far enough to many on the far right. In between is where it's at, not the often observed craziness of California.