Repug versus Dimwit perception of the electoral map of the United States

Old Man Jingles

Rat out of a cage
Did Trump Win 2.626 of 3,141 Counties in 2016, While Clinton Won Only 487?

We've all heard the old adage, "Where you stand depends on where you stand" but
Snopes and TIME magazine presented these views of the precinct vs population allegiance to each party.

Donald Trump did win the popular vote in a significantly larger number of counties than Hillary Clinton did. Vote tallies by county differ depending on the standards used, but an Associated Press tally of the actual ratio pegged it at 2,626 to 487.

What is the import of this “bimodal divide” in voting patterns?
“Large, densely populated Democrat cities (NYC, Chicago, LA, etc) don’t and shouldn’t speak for the rest of our country?”
That point is a subjective issue, but we would note that ...
County (and city) voting totals are of no relevance in presidential elections; only state-wide voting totals count.
The legislative branch of the U.S. federal government was specifically established over 200 years ago to address this “bimodal divide” by employing a bicameral system
  • in which one chamber (the House of Representatives) represents states based on population
  • while the other chamber (the Senate) represents all states equally, regardless of population.
Repug Perception
3141-trump-counties.png

Dimwit Perception
3141-clinton-counties.png

Attachments

• Politifact-true.png
    Politifact-true.png
    68.6 KB · Views: 234
Last edited:

Box Ox

Ahhh, yes. Donald Trump, king of the Vast Farmlands.

But yeah. I am glad that the coastal cities and states aren’t able to dominate national policy/politics.

It will be fine

It’s a great system. One ignorant hick in Montana has as much electoral power as 2000 people living in a city in California. I’m sure that will produce excellent results for the most citizens. The framers got this one wrong.

Box Ox

It’s a great system. One ignorant hick in Montana has as much electoral power as 2000 people living in a city in California. I’m sure that will produce excellent results for the most citizens. The framers got this one wrong.

Well, I guess it beats an armed hick rebellion.

bbsam

Staff member
Ahhh, yes. Donald Trump, king of the Vast Farmlands.

But yeah. I am glad that the coastal cities and states aren’t able to dominate national policy/politics.
Really? You don’t think New York dictates American financial policy or that California doesn’t dictate environmental policy?

newfie

Snopes and TIME magazine presented these views of the precinct vs population allegiance to each party.

Donald Trump did win the popular vote in a significantly larger number of counties than Hillary Clinton did. Vote tallies by county differ depending on the standards used, but an Associated Press tally of the actual ratio pegged it at 2,626 to 487.

“Large, densely populated Democrat cities (NYC, Chicago, LA, etc) don’t and shouldn’t speak for the rest of our country?”
County (and city) voting totals are of no relevance in presidential elections; only state-wide voting totals count.
The legislative branch of the U.S. federal government was specifically established over 200 years ago to address this “bimodal divide” by employing a bicameral system
  • in which one chamber (the House of Representatives) represents states based on population
  • while the other chamber (the Senate) represents all states equally, regardless of population.
Repug Perception
3141-trump-counties.png

Dimwit Perception

picture two kind of looks like an al paca wearing a nightie. God forgive me for my weird thoughts.

vantexan

Repug Perception
3141-trump-counties.png

Dimwit Perception
Rorschach test?

vantexan

Really? You don’t think New York dictates American financial policy or that California doesn’t dictate environmental policy?
So you think they should dictate everything else? By the way check out California's tent cities, hypodermic needles spread everywhere, through the roof costs, and open door to illegal immigration and then tell me why they should dictate anything to the rest of the country.