requesting new package car?

Steelheader

The Fishing UPS Guy
1400's?????? They make a 1400???? We have the P57, but haven't seen the P67's (though have heard of them). Are they bigger then a P1200??? I couldn't imagine that.

Yeah, I agree about the accident thing. We had a driver who thought she could beat a train at the crossing. She couldn't, and hit the train. They actually REPAIRED the car. Only problem was because of the tweak in the frame, would burn out transmissions quick. Was almost like clockwork the mechanics used to say when it would go out. I know they kept it inservice until they finally mothballed all the P6's from our building.

Griff

1400's?????? They make a 1400???? We have the P57, but haven't seen the P67's (though have heard of them). Are they bigger then a P1200??? I couldn't imagine that.

I'm honestly not sure if they are 1400 cubes, but the first 3 digits is 140's. I would say they are about as long as the 1200, but a much bigger cab space. Maybe someone can clarify whether these are really 1400's or did they do away with their first 3 digit numbering system. They're really nice diesels regardless.

heleonofcalifornia said:
So if they are putting 1400's where 800's once were, are the trucks an echo chamber or did the stop count just shoot up?

Most of these are heavy business trips with bulk. So their P-800's used to be packed to the ceiling every single day with bulk, I guess they figured this would even it out. The stop count did go up on a few of the trips because of the increase in space. The one guy told me they added a residential section back on him that was taken off him years ago.

Last edited:

Steelheader

The Fishing UPS Guy
Thanks Griff. They probably are just a bigger cab version. I know in our center, all the trucks that are P100 up to P111 have a standard type cab (what most of the P5, 6, etc had). The P112 (I have a P113) have a larger oversized cab. So just the bigger number is the larger cab.

Sidenote, all the trucks I listed are P1's. Just mentioning what the truck number started with.

scratch

Least Best Moderator
Staff member
I had to run a dump stop on Friday in a P5 that had 950,301 on the odometer, can anyone top that??
I drove a P5 Friday on an EAM run. The odometer had to have flipped over, it had only 200K on it. This car was so wornout it had to have 1,200,000 total miles.:laugh: My 2006 P7 has 50K on it after sixteen months.

cino321

Not for nothing, as bad as it is that they are replacing smaller cars with bigger cars now, it does sort of show that our jobs are secure. A lot of routes are starting to get blown out more and more as the years go by so that must mean we're doing business lol.

Sammie

how would i go about asking my center for a new van?

As our folks tell us in all their infinite wisdom -

Be glad YOU don't have to walk to school in the snow, uphill
both ways, with no shoes, or no clothes, or however they told it...

Maybe your van ain't all that bad! Imagine delivering furniture for UPS back in the '30s!!...

(Click on pictures to enlarge)

James Hurley UPS Truck Pictures

:wink: :crying: :bored: