Resigned - actually, terminated

Went to Integrad June 2018 after seasonal driver position. Passed. Waited three months to begin (September). During the three months, my name was on a list as training “on road” - obviously wasn’t.

Began around the time peak starts. 30 day qualifying. Post office bag drop offs were put on me numerous times, which wasn’t my route, even after supervisors said it wouldn’t/shouldn’t be. Prevented my qualifying times. Couldn’t drop off until 11am. They offered an extension for qualifying due to this. Qualifying went into mid February (lay-offs!). Center manager said I couldn’t qualify during peak due to having a helper.

My supervisor got unwillingly transferred and I was placed with some new guy who knew nothing of my case. When I asked numerous times if I’ve qualified after looking at my time, multiple supervisors said “we don’t know how qualifying works”. Asked my steward, he said he didn’t like what was going on in the center and wasn’t sure either.

I asked every day. New drivers that would bail on their routes daily due to “high stress” and “anxiety”, qualified. The guy who severely injured his back by improper lifting techniques, qualified. Veterans would say “they’re :censored2: you”. After numerous times that I asked, a Monday I came in and asked - they said they weren’t sure again. I told my supervisor if I couldn’t be told if I had the job, I’ll have to find a different one because I can’t afford to not know and can’t afford to be laid off. It’s been 6 months on the job. He said to call when drivers left the center. I called. No answer. Called again, no answer. Three hours later: no answer. No returned calls. Email comes in following day from HR saying they heard I resigned. I responded with the conversation I had via text with the supervisor and let them know, I didn’t resign; I wanted to know if I qualified. No response and no more job.

Blocked from applying for UPS now. Am I the only one who thinks this is completely friend*cked? I know they like to do you dirty, but man...

burrheadd

KING Of GIFS
Went to Integrad June 2018 after seasonal driver position. Passed. Waited three months to begin (September). During the three months, my name was on a list as training “on road” - obviously wasn’t.

Began around the time peak starts. 30 day qualifying. Post office bag drop offs were put on me numerous times, which wasn’t my route, even after supervisors said it wouldn’t/shouldn’t be. Prevented my qualifying times. Couldn’t drop off until 11am. They offered an extension for qualifying due to this. Qualifying went into mid February (lay-offs!). Center manager said I couldn’t qualify during peak due to having a helper.

My supervisor got unwillingly transferred and I was placed with some new guy who knew nothing of my case. When I asked numerous times if I’ve qualified after looking at my time, multiple supervisors said “we don’t know how qualifying works”. Asked my steward, he said he didn’t like what was going on in the center and wasn’t sure either.

I asked every day. New drivers that would bail on their routes daily due to “high stress” and “anxiety”, qualified. The guy who severely injured his back by improper lifting techniques, qualified. Veterans would say “they’re :censored2: you”. After numerous times that I asked, a Monday I came in and asked - they said they weren’t sure again. I told my supervisor if I couldn’t be told if I had the job, I’ll have to find a different one because I can’t afford to not know and can’t afford to be laid off. It’s been 6 months on the job. He said to call when drivers left the center. I called. No answer. Called again, no answer. Three hours later: no answer. No returned calls. Email comes in following day from HR saying they heard I resigned. I responded with the conversation I had via text with the supervisor and let them know, I didn’t resign; I wanted to know if I qualified. No response and no more job.

Blocked from applying for UPS now. Am I the only one who thinks this is completely friend*cked? I know they like to do you dirty, but man...

Show up in browns ready to work and see what happens

tadpole

They qualify people who they believe aren’t going to be a pain in the butt. Just smile, don’t ask any questions, and do what they say until you qualify.

I didn’t begin asking until after six months, I noticed these guys qualifying who were a pain in the butt, and qualified. Just wanted to know.

Jkloc420

Do you need an air compressor or tire gauge
I didn’t begin asking until after six months, I noticed these guys qualifying who were a pain in the butt, and qualified. Just wanted to know.
if you did not resign, just show up asking to work or show you the paperwork you signed showing you resigned

542thruNthru

Are you a off the street hire?

You worked for six month's? How the hell can you not have gained seniority?
I have no idea.

Seasonal?

No. I was seasonal 2017-2018. Passed Integrad in June/July 2018. Began as FT September 2018. But it sparks the question, were they just using me for seasonal at the time? But then, why would I be required to qualify yet was told I can’t qualify during peak? Makes no sense.

I have no idea.

No. I was seasonal 2017-2018. Passed Integrad in June/July 2018. Began as FT September 2018. But it sparks the question, were they just using me for seasonal at the time? But then, why would I be required to qualify yet was told I can’t qualify during peak? Makes no sense.
Basically you are considered a new hire and they usually don't let you qualify during peak.

Attachments

• F2440008-651D-4E40-B2FA-BF888E7C1395.jpeg
    F2440008-651D-4E40-B2FA-BF888E7C1395.jpeg
    160.9 KB · Views: 248