Retired feeder driver and family among victims of Branson, MO duck boat accident

Discussion in 'UPS Discussions' started by brett636, Jul 21, 2018.

1. brett636

brett636 Well-Known Member

Indy duck boat survivor on losing 9 family members: 'I don't know if there is recovery from it'

Just wanted to let everyone know the family of 11 on that deadly duck boat accident on Friday belonged to a retired feeder driver out of Indianapolis. Butch Coleman and 8 of his family members perished in that ill fated duck boat tour. Butch retired from UPS in 2015 with 47 years of service.

There is a gofundme page setup if anyone cares to donate.

Click here to support Only Official Duck Boat Survivors organized by Leeta Bigbee

2. cosmo1

cosmo1 Perhaps. Staff Member

Last edited: Jul 21, 2018
  3. PT Car Washer

PT Car Washer Well-Known Member

Wow. Rest in peace.

4. Peppermint Patty

Peppermint Patty Cardboard Pusher

This is an awful tragedy. My heart breaks for the family and all those lost. May the find some peace in this unbearable time.

5. rod

rod #1 on Upstates "list"

From everything I have read about it it could have been easily avoided in so many ways. After watching the video of that duck boat fighting the waves I know if I had been on board I would have had a lifejacket on and my knife in hand to cut those curtains---I don't care what the captain of the ship said about remaining seated.

• Agree Agree x 7
    • Winner Winner x 1
    • List
  6. Heavy Package

Heavy Package Well-Known Member

God Bless all of them. RIP on this awful tragedy. Life is a precious gift.

7. Doubleparkedrunner

Doubleparkedrunner Active Member

That's so terrible. My prayers go out to them and all affected. I can't imagine the pain and anger the rest of those families are dealing with. I hope they find peace someday and soon.

8. siouxman

siouxman siouxman

I'll be praying for him

9. Indecisi0n

Indecisi0n Well-Known Member

R.I.P

But on a side note, if I ever get taken out by a duck boat I'd be pissed.

10. Wally

Wally BrownCafe Innovator & King of Puns

Awful for sure.

Why rush with those gofundme things? What if they were responsible and prepared?

11. Fitbit App :)

Fitbit App :) Vote! We all agree everybody should vote

Condolences to our fallen co-worker & his family. Feel bad for all involved.

R.I.P.

12. olroadbeech

olroadbeech Happy Verified UPSer

This is so terrible .

Praying for the victims and family.

13. Maple Grove MN Driver

Maple Grove MN Driver Cocaine Mang!

The lack of personal responsibility is astounding in this country

14. Wally

Wally BrownCafe Innovator & King of Puns

Back in the day, people really worried about having life insurance. Even the working poor would have the insurance agent personally visit to collect the premium. It may be because death was a regular fact of life?

15. Maple Grove MN Driver

Maple Grove MN Driver Cocaine Mang!

Everybody got their hand out when tragedy strikes.
    That family is going to get 10 to 20 million per person thay died.
    They can wait until the lawsuit is settled.

16. MECH-lift

MECH-lift Union Brother

another company putting production over safety! thank god UPS doesn’t do duck boat tours

• Like Like x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • List
  17. oldngray

oldngray nowhere special

Taking a barely seaworthy truck/boat in 60 mph winds. What could possibly go wrong?

18. brett636

brett636 Well-Known Member

Its more about showing support and goodwill towards someone who has endured an awful tragedy. No matter how much money is paid out toward the remaining family members it will not bring their loved ones back. Tia Coleman is one of two survivors from her family who has lost all 3 of her children and her husband. She has to go back to a silent house full of their belongings. That is going to be extraordinarily tough.

• Agree Agree x 4
    • Like Like x 1
    • List
  19. Johney

Johney Well-Known Member

How do you figure that amount? A jury may award them that, but where is the money going to come from? Insurance company? I truly doubt they had coverage for that amount.

20. Branson is a :censored2: hole.