Retired

Hub Rat Pack

Worked for UPS for 13 years. Combined Part time hourly initially , then part time supe working full time. Eventually became Full time Management. I retired March of 2020 at age of 62. I applied for my UPS pension can never really speak to anyone only thru e mails and forms. Should I be getting a pension for part time hourly and separate one for part time supervisor and full time management? The amount I am receiving doesn't seem correct. How can I verify the correct amount entitled?

burrheadd

KING Of GIFS
Worked for UPS for 13 years. Combined Part time hourly initially , then part time supe working full time. Eventually became Full time Management. I retired March of 2020 at age of 62. I applied for my UPS pension can never really speak to anyone only thru e mails and forms. Should I be getting a pension for part time hourly and separate one for part time supervisor and full time management? The amount I am receiving doesn't seem correct. How can I verify the correct amount entitled?
Why wouldn’t you get all this resolved before you retired ? You’re kind of on your own at this point
SMH

Hub Rat Pack

Why wouldn’t you get all this resolved before you retired ? You’re kind of on your own at this point
SMH
When I retired I was not working for UPS!..... Left UPS in 1995, Was under the impression I did when I filed for my pension with UPS! I am receiving 2 payments my question is how was it calculated to reach the amount I am receiving. There was no explanation.

DELACROIX

In the Spirit of Honore' Daumier
When I retired I was not working for UPS!..... Left UPS in 1995, Was under the impression I did when I filed for my pension with UPS! I am receiving 2 payments my question is how was it calculated to reach the amount I am receiving. There was no explanation.

Let me take a shot...

How long did you work as an union part timer? It takes 5 years to get vested in any plan.

How long did you work under the UPS Retirement plan as a non union employee? If you worked full time hours as a part time supervisor it will help with your full time benefits.

There is an 3 % penalty for every year prior to age 65, so your management time will be cut by 9 %. Your union part time years will be cut by 6 % for every year prior to age 65, around 18 %.

They may be offering you a buy out soon...before they start eliminating funding into their management plans.

Do not expect much... guessing 150 for your part time years if you are vested...the management years might add up to 800...Good luck..👍