Retirees on Brown Cafe

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

What an odd thread. Retirees will never be banned from Brown Cafe

No one ever suggested banning retirees from BC. This thread was in response to a question 705Red posed to me over my personal issue with Unabletomoveon. I simply wanted it known that I appreciate the input from most of the retirees that choose to participate but that this particular member does little to add to the discussion. This site would most certainly suffer if not for the input from the majority of our retirees.

rod

Retired 22 years
No one ever suggested banning retirees from BC. This thread was in response to a question 705Red posed to me over my personal issue with Unabletomoveon. I simply wanted it known that I appreciate the input from most of the retirees that choose to participate but that this particular member does little to add to the discussion. This site would most certainly suffer if not for the input from the majority of our retirees.

someone tell him to quit crying.

[video=youtube;vjJsKICCt0I]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vjJsKICCt0I[/video]

satellitedriver

First of all, I ain't an English major. For the most part, I only "rip new ones" when the poster is correcting someone else's written english(and murdering the written language in the process) and/or that poster is someone I am looking to even the score with.
In no way was my post directed at you, Pickup.
I was just poking fun at my run along sentence.
BTW;
Sometimes, I intentionally "murder" the written English language, by inserting common "spoken" English.
Most times,
I just "murder" it through my ignorance, of the dogmatic structure.

dilligaf

IN VINO VERITAS
BTW;
Sometimes, I intentionally "murder" the written English language, by inserting common "spoken" English.
Most times,

Somehow, you and ignorance do not belong in the same sentence. JMHO! :happy-very:

bbsam

Staff member
Good point,
If you consider that your pointing out a pointless thread, by posting in it, having any beneficial effect and then having added to it's continuation.:peaceful:
Jeez, some English major is gonna rip me a new one.
[/QUOTE]Congratulations from an English major. You have summed up point, counter-point and confirmed the original point all in one post. Excellent.

satellitedriver

Good point,
If you consider that your pointing out a pointless thread, by posting in it, having any beneficial effect and then having added to it's continuation.:peaceful:
Jeez, some English major is gonna rip me a new one.
Congratulations from an English major. You have summed up point, counter-point and confirmed the original point all in one post. Excellent.[/QUOTE]
I did that?
Who'd of thunk.

toonertoo

Most Awesome Dog
Staff member
I cant imagine browncafe without retirees. Thats silliness. From what I understand anyone can come here. People who worked here and gave half their lives, people who would like to work here...fed ex guys...customers, who would we ban nest?
No one gets banned, unless they dont have the common courtesy required to exist on the planet. Spammers get banned, vulgar posts, threads, language, not people.

P

pickup

BTW;
Most times,

I gotcha'. I shoulda put one if those smiley thingies after my post.

rod

Retired 22 years
I cant imagine browncafe without retirees. Thats silliness. From what I understand anyone can come here. People who worked here and gave half their lives, people who would like to work here...fed ex guys...customers, who would we ban nest?
No one gets banned, unless they dont have the common courtesy required to exist on the planet. Spammers get banned, vulgar posts, threads, language, not people.

ditto--------I vote that anyone who suggests that retirees be banned----be banned.

whiskey

BC is like an AA meeting. Yea, sometimes we tire of the retirees drunkalogs. But their creativity in embellishing their rants is soothing. And the new guy at AA, sober 10 hours, can speak volumes without saying a word.
Tooner is correct. This is a silly thread.

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

No one is suggesting that retirees be banned. Doing so would take away a vital portion of this forum.

My issue, which I admit is a personal one, was with a particular retiree who has been away from UPS for far too long, is unfamiliar with issues facing current UPSers, offers little to add to the discussion other than irrelavant youtube videos and stories from a UPS that no longer exists.

JustTired

free at last.......
Those who forget the past...are condemned to repeat it.

Actually, in most cases (as it pertains to UPS).........that might be a good thing.

rod

Retired 22 years
No one is suggesting that retirees be banned. Doing so would take away a vital portion of this forum.

My issue, which I admit is a personal one, was with a particular retiree who has been away from UPS for far too long, is unfamiliar with issues facing current UPSers, offers little to add to the discussion other than irrelavant youtube videos and stories from a UPS that no longer exists.

:blahblah::blahblah::blahblah::sleeping::sleeping::yawn:

P

pickup

"which I admit is a personal one" Yes, it is hard to separate the emotions from the issue. I have had my difficulties dealing with one or two members because of personal issues. Let me also reinforce that at no point did UpstateNyupser ever suggest that retirees be banned. A lot of the debate being generated in this thread is stemming from the belief that he did.

As for "nefarious Rod" not adding anything to the conversation. I tend to disagree. If we did have the browncafe end of year awards, I would nominate him for best one liners. I also liked his story about how he missed out on going to package initially because he was not married. I did like his "monkey smacking the tigers" video but only because I never knew a monkey(or whatever the heck that thing was) could do such things in such a human way.

Here is some advice that Rod gave to a guy wanted to go to feeders from package :
Also remember that with a CDL comes the chance of getting a DUI when you blow a .04 (I'm talking after work hours here) instead of a .08. Some states may be different. I'm not saying this is wrong- just once again- thats the way it is. CDL = less beers---or none at all

Yeah, sure, I know Rod doesn't always give good info like that . But I don't either. I answer threads inappropriately at times.

I am glad that Rod is retired and happy. I am also glad he has a place to come to when he is bored.