Retirees: Were 401k Deductions Taken Out Of Vacation Cashout?

brownclown

I'm asking because I haven't yet received my vacation payout, and I want to proceed with a rollover of my 401k into an IRA. However, if there are still going to be contributions to the 401k via payroll deductions, I'd prefer to wait on the rollover so funds don't get lost in the shuffle, or things get messy. Any insight here?

I'm asking because I haven't yet received my vacation payout, and I want to proceed with a rollover of my 401k into an IRA. However, if there are still going to be contributions to the 401k via payroll deductions, I'd prefer to wait on the rollover so funds don't get lost in the shuffle, or things get messy. Any insight here?
You 401k contributions for your regular check is deposited a week later. Maybe hold on for a couple of weeks

oldngray

nowhere special
I will most definitely roll over when I leave. I believe our 401k plan charges a $10 fee. For each distribution you take.

Besides I want all of my money with one company. I'm not a big fan of our 401k administrator
Roll over to an IRA when you retire. The UPS 401k isn't bad but pretty limited options.

Brownslave688

You want a toe? I can get you a toe.
I will most definitely roll over when I leave. I believe our 401k plan charges a $10 fee. For each distribution you take.

Besides I want all of my money with one company. I'm not a big fan of our 401k administrator
Damn $10 each time.

I totally understand wanting everything in one place. Makes things simple

brownclown

Had I waited just one more day, I would have had my answer. My final check was posted at upsers.com and yes, they made contributions for the 401k and taxes of course. FYI, no distributions or rollovers can be made until you have been away from UPS for at least 30 days.