Retirement and Inflation

rod

Retired 22 years
1642618376589.png

DELACROIX

In the Spirit of Honore' Daumier
auto and pe people in the i.a.m......got a cola including 1 pt over inflation ever year......I dont know if this has continues.....their union negotiated very fair contracts......I dont know why the teamsters haven't done this...seems that Sean is quite capable in negotiating..

You are correct ... any improvements in our pension plans are negotiated. For example in the West you could start collecting your pension benefits at age 65 and continue to work, most pension plans pay out at 70 1/2.

COLA for the retirees can be put on the table, same for their healthcare. The problem is that the International has been playing politics with our pension benefits and will continue unless O’Brien draws the line and takes the high ground.

Far too many different pension benefits and health and welfare formulas out there and each ones pays different, especially in the supplemental languages.

bottomups

Bad Moon Risen'
Just got my W-2 for last years pension. An exact carbon copy of the one I received 20 years ago when I retired. :wornout:
Definition of a defined benefit plan. We all knew, or should have known this ahead of time.
My pension office surprised me with a $1000 bonus this month.

I always thought my Dad was doing fine living on his own. After he died we found out he was living on just Social Security. I don't know how he did it it was such a pitiful amount. He even managed to have a small savings account. He had always owned his own business so he had no pension.
Because I was old timers knew how to squeeze out a nickel

BrownFlush

Woke Racist Reigning Ban King
Just got my W-2 for last years pension. An exact carbon copy of the one I received 20 years ago when I retired. :wornout:
This is the fate of all us. This was not a hidden secret.

COLA for those that have already retired on the table for negotiations? LOL! Dream on Alice.
They hate us. The Rods of the world, they especially hate.
They want you to die. Give existing retirees a raise...forgetaboutit.

rod

Retired 22 years

COLA for those that have already retired on the table for negotiations? LOL! Dream on Alice.
Oh I knew what I was getting into when I retired. I also was WELL prepared for it. The bottom line is it is no different than you wanting me to die and quit sucking up "your share" of Social Security. I've got bad news for you........................:-)

bottomups

Bad Moon Risen'

My local is currently looking into COLA increases for those of us retired. Every member collecting a pension as of 12/01/2021 will be getting an additional $1000 this month.

BrownFlush

My local is currently looking into COLA increases for those of us retired. Every member collecting a pension as of 12/01/2021 will be getting an additional $1000 this month.
Post shareable language when and if it happens.
I have some people that need to see it.

BrownFlush

Oh I knew what I was getting into when I retired. I also was WELL prepared for it. The bottom line is it is no different than you wanting me to die and quit sucking up "your share" of Social Security. I've got bad news for you........................:-)
Relax.
My comment wasn't personal . Used you as an example. 8-)

So irresponsible.
The bonus payment is a smart option.
Pension funds can not be overfunded because if they are the company can suspend contributions.

One of the problems with my pension plan is back in the day when he was flush with cash instead of making a bonus payment or with some people call it a 13th check
They upped the payout permanently and once you do that it's almost impossible to take it back off the table.

oldngray

nowhere special
The bonus payment is a smart option.
Pension funds can not be overfunded because if they are the company can suspend contributions.

One of the problems with my pension plan is back in the day when he was flush with cash instead of making a bonus payment or with some people call it a 13th check
They upped the payout permanently and once you do that it's almost impossible to take it back off the table.
When pensions were overfunded the government allowed companies to skim off the excess but when they later ended up underfunded the employees got screwed.