retiring after 25 years

hey, north GA i guess it depends on your stats..your health,age,how much money you need,how much you will receive from your pension before and after you do your 30.
the way i got out was i found out what i would be getting from my pension(after taxes) then my wife and i did a dry run for 3 months using only the same amount and it all worked out..best of luck
ps. i was very anxious about leaving but it one of the best decisions i ever made:)
Thank you for the input,That is a great idea I have been anxious about it also but, the job does stress me out the older I get it. I probably will work through oct 2015 to get a another year.

stealth8

We have had a couple of guys who retired who weren't prepared financially for it. They now both work another full time job (trucking) to keep up with their bills. There is nothing wrong with working a fun gig a few hours a week but a person shouldn't quit UPS just to work 40-50 hours a week elsewhere---especially at another trucking job.

Make sure there are no restrictions on taking up another driving job on your pension.

In my local we are unable to take on a position after you retire that would compete with a Teamster job.

Then again if I wanted to keep on trucking I would have just stayed at UPS. I put 33yrs in package and retired in 2012 at 54yrs old.

rod

Retired 22 years
Make sure there are no restrictions on taking up another driving job on your pension.

In my local we are unable to take on a position after you retire that would compete with a Teamster job.

Then again if I wanted to keep on trucking I would have just stayed at UPS. I put 33yrs in package and retired in 2012 at 54yrs old.

I thought they got rid of all that BS. I know when I retired you were VERY limited as to what retirement jobs you could do. We had to call the Union to get their approval. For some reason Government jobs weren't on the list. That's why I was able to take my job with the township. Apparently the Union didn't want the Government scoping out their silly rules.

I thought they got rid of all that BS. I know when I retired you were VERY limited as to what retirement jobs you could do. We had to call the Union to get their approval. For some reason Government jobs weren't on the list. That's why I was able to take my job with the township. Apparently the Union didn't want the Government scoping out their silly rules.
We can't work for thecompetition when we retire. No worries there.!

olroadbeech

Happy Verified UPSer
im with you all the way. I can go out now but worry about the numbers . not sure why. with pension ( about 2800 ) 401k and IRA and social security in 3 years , we will be taking home more than we do now.

some expenses go way down too. gas, lunches , etc.

it may pay to go to a professional to run the numbers. get a recommendation from a trusted attorney, chamber of commerce or a friend.