Retro pay after termination or resignation

Up_and_at_UPS

Coffee box sniffer
It never occurred to me that I would not get retro pay, that would be just downright dishonest of UPS to take that away. I was only wondering when i might expect it. I have been a permanent employee for nearly five years. I just resigned this past week. I will be talking to HR this coming week. I was just curious if anyone had an answer or had run into a similar situation.

Up_and_at_UPS

Coffee box sniffer
The NMA is a done deal so you would think that permanent employees no longer with the company would receive their retro upon separation but unfortunately this is not the case.

So you know someone who has separated from the company and is waiting to receive retro pay upon ratification of the NMA?

bleedinbrown58

That’s Craptacular
It never occurred to me that I would not get retro pay, that would be just downright dishonest of UPS to take that away. I was only wondering when i might expect it. I have been a permanent employee for nearly five years. I just resigned this past week. I will be talking to HR this coming week. I was just curious if anyone had an answer or had run into a similar situation.
I can't imagine UPS simply cutting and mailing retro checks for teminated employees...even if you are entitled to it. You may have to call and get on their ass about it...but I'm sure you'll get it eventually.

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

I can't imagine UPS simply cutting and mailing retro checks for teminated employees...even if you are entitled to it. You may have to call and get on their ass about it...but I'm sure you'll get it eventually.

UPS has no choice other than to issue retro checks for all hours worked for any permanent employee, whether still employed here or not, who worked on or after 1 Aug 13, disbursed in the same manner as regular paychecks and mailed to the address on record for former employees. Payroll records are all computerized so applying the wage differential will not be that big of a deal.

bleedinbrown58

That’s Craptacular
UPS has no choice other than to issue retro checks for all hours worked for any permanent employee, whether still employed here or not, who worked on or after 1 Aug 13, disbursed in the same manner as regular paychecks and mailed to the address on record for former employees. Payroll records are all computerized so applying the wage differential will not be that big of a deal.
I punch in and punch out everyday I work...which is also computerized. So, one would think my paychecks would accurately reflect my hours work...because ups has no choice but to pay employees for time worked. But isn't it amazing how every so often, my checks are missing time...15 min here, 20 min of ot there. The pay error is never in my favor....but I'm SURE it's just a silly coincidence.riiiight. I would NEVER accuse management of going in and editing preload time punches to make their numbers look better, in the hope than if they deduct 10 minutes pay from say 25 different employees, 20 probably won't notice.

Last edited:

bleedinbrown58

That’s Craptacular
What does the fact that I never worked preload have to do with the price of tea in China?
Two posts ago, I mentioned the possibility that management may alter PRELOAD time cards (in my building at least). You responded that in 25 years of being a DRIVER, you've never experienced a paycheck error. Apples and oranges, sir. Driver punch in using their Diads. I'm assuming you manually enter your clock in and out times. Preload is different. Example....start time tomorrow is 3:30am with an "optional" 3am start time. So, when I clock in at 3am, the computer will list my start time as 3:30am....we, as hourlies, cannot edit our start times in the web timecard. Mamagement has to edit it before sending payroll at the end of the week. Often times, they "forget" to do just that.

Last edited:

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

Truth be told, your payroll shortages are of little concern to me. The issue being discussed is retro pay, which the company will handle in accordance with applicable laws and regulations.

bleedinbrown58

That’s Craptacular
Truth be told, your payroll shortages are of little concern to me. The issue being discussed is retro pay, which the company will handle in accordance with applicable laws and regulations.
No one twisted your arm to respond to my posts. Do you find it more difficult to backpedal with the stick wedged so far up there?

shagNasty

25 years in and I have never had a paycheck error based on hours worked.

If you've never had a payroll error based on hours worked, that means you've been a sup for 25 years. Because otherwise you either don't check your hours, or you have an integrity issue with your post.

Sent using BrownCafe App

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

If you've never had a payroll error based on hours worked, that means you've been a sup for 25 years. Because otherwise you either don't check your hours, or you have an integrity issue with your post.

Ass/u/me

I check my paystub every Thursday morning on upsers. Do I track my hours to the second? No but I generally know what I work each week and do check that against the hours shown on my stub.

Up_and_at_UPS

Coffee box sniffer
Talked to HR today, must be employed when contract is signed into effect get retro pay. That's a loss of $2500 since I was a cover driver and new driver this past January.. What a dishonest company UPS is and what a despicable union. No words could describe what I feel, so I will just move on.