Revenue Recovery position questions

upsmoss

I am starting my process today to be a Revenue recovery clerk. I was wondering if anyone can please give me their opinions on this job. Also I was told this is a union job and that I can bid on any jobs that come in the future. I would like to become a driver and hope this position is able to get me to that. Please help!!!! Thanks everyone for your help.

upsmoss

Thanks for your replies. Should I be concerned that I will get laid off since this position is going away at UPS locations? Also was I told right about the position being Union and I can bid on upcoming jobs? thanks

PT Car Washer

Thanks for your replies. Should I be concerned that I will get laid off since this position is going away at UPS locations? Also was I told right about the position being Union and I can bid on upcoming jobs? thanks
You will have the opportunity to work one of the sorts if your auditor job is eliminated.

barnyard

KTM rider
Loan shark?

Used to be called 'over size clerks.' Measure and weigh packages to make sure that the shipping people are keying in the correct size and weights.

As far as being laid off, it would depend on the size of the building. We eliminated our audit clerk 10+ years ago. I would think that if you are in a building large enough to hire one now, your position is pretty safe.

greengrenades

To be the man, you gotta beat the man.
I am starting my process today to be a Revenue recovery clerk. I was wondering if anyone can please give me their opinions on this job. Also I was told this is a union job and that I can bid on any jobs that come in the future. I would like to become a driver and hope this position is able to get me to that. Please help!!!! Thanks everyone for your help.
It's just like any other job at UPS. Also I would like to note the only thing that will help you become a driver is seniority.

sandwich

The resident gearhead
It's really really boring. I did that before I went driving. You should do metro unload or something. I hated revenue but I did construction during the day so I was fairly beat by the time I was punching in for twighlight. That's the only reason I stayed, but its terribly boring. It feels like your there for ten hours, then you look at your phone and its only been ten minutes.

pinstryper

I actually like my auditing position in RR. I start out walking unload belt looking for items,then empty the overload chute, then go over to the metro unloads and scan them. 14-17k strides = 5-8 miles in 3-4 hrs. on my fitbit.

Wontmake9.5

My job is fun
I did it for 7yrs lol I just needed ups for insurance so it worked out great for me. Worked a first job then went to ups and stood around for a few hours and still built my seniority. I just made sure my phone was charged so I could play games lol. My center is extremely laid back so I usually would just sit there and measure still and be on my phone and go home. Couldn’t believe I even got paid for it honestly.

UnconTROLLed

perfection
I was a FT RR clerk for a while. Boring and monotonous.

It's not always easy as you often need someone to flip/find labels, since we are talking bulk/freight.

The unload smashes and dumps the stuff so you're looking at lot damages and other hazards. One time, I nearly cut my hand off when they sent totes of large knives and one was busted open, with a blade stickkng out pointing upward.

Despite it's negatives, it's okay