Revised FedEx employee discount policy effective Sept 1

Rhoderunner

I used the term "brothers" one time to describe fellow workers, and my SM looked at me like I had sworn. Too bad we don't work collectively against Memphis. We aren't getting a union, but collective "unhappiness" tends to lead to constructive action.
Word of the Cafe is spreading. Sharing info is our best tool at this point. I really thought our day was coming when Obama got in and the FAA Reauthorization Act was working it's way thru. Quite a slap in the face when the Hill made it even harder to unionize and he still signed it.

vantexan

I used the term "brothers" one time to describe fellow workers, and my SM looked at me like I had sworn. Too bad we don't work collectively against Memphis. We aren't getting a union, but collective "unhappiness" tends to lead to constructive action.

You said "collective"!! Hmmm, sounds like...sorry, couldn't resist.

XFILED

And have you noticed we don't get a flat 75% off the total price instead its just on the volume discount?? If it goes to a resi then we pay the full price on the resi add on surcharge...fuel surcharge another full price add on...before you know it our 7 dollar e2 box is 12 dollars...The big scam continues..

59 Dano

I just want to make friends!
Our discount is good, but I bet they are going to better "enforce" the discount. because we aren't supposed to use it excessively unfortunately "excessively" isn't defined. I use it to ship my luggage since airlines are screwing customers left and right on baggage fees, and reducing the max weight on bags from 45- 30

Here's an idea. Send things for others who'd otherwise pay full retail using your discount. Charge them half the retail rate and pocket the difference. They get a good deal and you get some pocket money. There are quite a few people who do this. They'll be sending out resumes soon.

Did you know that many former employees' discounts are still active?

MrFedEx

Engorged Member
Word of the Cafe is spreading. Sharing info is our best tool at this point. I really thought our day was coming when Obama got in and the FAA Reauthorization Act was working it's way thru. Quite a slap in the face when the Hill made it even harder to unionize and he still signed it.

Did you notice who showed-up when you made this observation? I'm glad the word is spreading, because information is their enemy. The more people that know the truth, the better.