Revolving Door of the Corporate State

wkmac

When are we going to slam the door for all time on this kind of crap?

Another thing I'd also like to see is that any lawyer running for Congress must first resign from the bar. As a member of the bar and attorney, you are an officer of the court and in effect a member of the judicial branch. Being both a member of the judicial branch and once elected a member of the legislative is a violation of the separation of powers. Besides, anything that might work to keep these sleeze bags out of the Congress and get more ordinary working and business owner folk in might be worth some value. Most of those folk would gut the large, centralized model and move the decentralization back closer to home where it belongs in the first place.

images

Babagounj

Strength through joy
Well ,bhos did resign from the bar.
For reason we might never truly know, and his wife also did the same, so I guess you could call them trend setters.

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

I am not familiar with the process but there has to be a way to withdraw rather than resign from the bar, much like we as union members can withdraw from the union in the event of an extended injury. I do agree that serving both interests would be a conflict.

moreluck

golden ticket member
Well ,bhos did resign from the bar.
For reason we might never truly know, and his wife also did the same, so I guess you could call them trend setters.

I thought I read somewhere that at the time in Illinois, in order to go in-active and not have to pay dues and do continuing education, a person had to surrender their license. The law may have changed a few years after that.