rewards at work? food...

hexmurph

during peak we got pizza a few times, got jimmy johns subs once. several times we got brown bags with snacks and a few times they had hot cocoa and pastries

the rest of the year, every wednesday our chsp girl is sent out with a $100 budget and provides waters and gatorade and an assortment of fruit for the sort

sounds like we have it good compared to others

HardknocksUPSer

Periods of time with no misloads? In my building they would have to count the minutes without a misload.
I do however wish our sups took misloads lightly, but instead their hardnosed about it, last Monday I loaded 1500 peices between my 4 trucks and some how nothing is ever good enough for them, 3 misloads was 3 too many. I was told Wednesday "look through your trucks, if we find one misload your fired" and that was told to everyone by the center manager and guess how long they gave us to look through our trucks? A whole 10mins... I had 1 truck searched in that time. That's unreasonable. But I disregard 90% of what they say. A simple yes ma'am - yessir boils their blood, I love it.

PT Car Washer

Misloads cost the company a huge amount of money everyday. First for the driver looking through his load for that package that may or may not be on his truck. Then the driver that has to shuttle the package from the wrong truck to the right driver so he can go back and deliver or the shuttle driver can deliver. Multiple drivers everyday making top driver rate to make service on 50 to 100 packages because they were misloads.

bleedinbrown58

That’s Craptacular
I do however wish our sups took misloads lightly, but instead their hardnosed about it, last Monday I loaded 1500 peices between my 4 trucks and some how nothing is ever good enough for them, 3 misloads was 3 too many. I was told Wednesday "look through your trucks, if we find one misload your fired" and that was told to everyone by the center manager and guess how long they gave us to look through our trucks? A whole 10mins... I had 1 truck searched in that time. That's unreasonable. But I disregard 90% of what they say. A simple yes ma'am - yessir boils their blood, I love it.
:rofl:

clean hairy

The Jimmie Johns comercials I have heard say how fast you get your food after ordering.
If those drivers were brought on as peak drivers, just think how fast they could deliver a package car full of packages!

upsgrunt

They made us chili in what I call Church kitchen cookers ( large , white, with a metal lid) 13 days ago. The leftovers are still sitting in the cookers, out in the open, when I punched out Christmas eve. That should be fun to clean.

HardknocksUPSer

Misloads cost the company a huge amount of money everyday. First for the driver looking through his load for that package that may or may not be on his truck. Then the driver that has to shuttle the package from the wrong truck to the right driver so he can go back and deliver or the shuttle driver can deliver. Multiple drivers everyday making top driver rate to make service on 50 to 100 packages because they were misloads.
Misload. I even hate that word..

bleedinbrown58

That’s Craptacular
Welcome to not in the union yet, population...you. They can fire you for anything they want. Learn how to read a PAL label and it won't be an issue....it's really not that difficult.

HardknocksUPSer

[q uote="bleedinbrown58, post: 1481243, member: 46975"]Welcome to not in the union yet, population...you. They can fire you for anything they want. Learn how to read a PAL label and it won't be an issue....it's really not that difficult.[/quote]
I'm goina join ASAP lol