Riding Mower Suggestions?

Brownslave688

You want a toe? I can get you a toe.
Yeah that’s what I meant they always have a bunch of them in front of Tractor Supply
Homeowners seem to love them. They look really big and beefy but everyone I know that’s had them with any decent sized property has a ton of problems with them.

Brownslave688

Dealer --- not Home Depot
Ok. Really not trying to be a Dick about it. I just know there is a difference. If you are even remotely open to the fact of learning to drive a zero turn that is how I would recommend you go. If not cub cadet

rod

Retired 22 years
Ok. Really not trying to be a Dick about it. I just know there is a difference. If you are even remotely open to the fact of learning to drive a zero turn that is how I would recommend you go. If not cub cadet
I drove and maintained a Commercial grade John Deere Z-Trac Zero Turn for my Township mowing their Park, Cemetery and Town Hall area for about 14 years. I know more about zero turn mowers than probably most salesmen and half the mechanics at the dealership. They are really nice but I don't need that much mower for my property--besides using a zero turn don't allow you to mow one handed and hang on to a beer with the other. You are right about the lower quality of mowers sold at Home Depot.

Brownslave688

I drove and maintained a Commercial grade John Deere Z-Trac Zero Turn for my Township mowing their Park, Cemetery and Town Hall area for about 14 years. I know more about zero turn mowers than probably most salesmen and half the mechanics at the dealership. They are really nice but I don't need that much mower for my property--besides using a zero turn don't allow you to mow one handed and hang on to a beer with the other. You are right about the lower quality of mowers sold at Home Depot.

you must have small hands :)

Brownslave688

Really check them out. There are plenty of consumer grade zero turns out there now and they will save you a ton of time

rod

Retired 22 years
Really check them out. There are plenty of consumer grade zero turns out there now and they will save you a ton of time
I'll pass. A 42" riding mower fits my yard much better. When I had the Township mower at my house for oil changes and such I would use it to mow my yard but it was actually too wide. There were lots of places a 54" deck wouldn't fit.

Brownslave688

I'll pass. A 42" riding mower fits my yard much better. When I had the Township mower at my house for oil changes and such I would use it to mow my yard but it was actually too wide. There were lots of places a 54" deck wouldn't fit.
I do not know about other brands but Hustler makes a narrow deck specifically to fit in smaller yards. Like I said above though if you want a regular mower. Cub Cadet