Right or Left --All American's add to this list------Loss of freedoms. Danger !!!

The Other Side

Well-Known Troll
Troll

I never said such a thing. What I did comment about was the FOUNDERS belief that it was OK to be an athesist and also to hold elected office. Its in the constitution. I believe with the founders assertions on religion allbeit growing up catholic.

This issue does not make me think negatively about the president. I understand where he is coming from. As a hispanic growing up in east LA, I watched as people popped out kids left and right without regard to contraception because the church encourages it. Every child in a hispanic family who truly follows the churches instructions believes each pregnancy is an act of GOD whether married or unmarried, and after conception they believe the STATE needs to assist them in raising that child and/or children.

Why should the goverment be forced to pay for children spawned by the encouragement of the catholic church? If the church wants millions of children to be born no matter what circumstances they are born in, then why dont we FORCE the church to pay for them?

The bigger problem with this issue is the fact that many of the policies held by employees of religious organizations pay for almost half of the costs of the premium and to force them to go outside their policies and pay 100% out of pocket for services every other american can get with their insurance is ridiculously unfair.

To say that a doctor, can deny a patient a service because that doctors religious beliefs stand in the way is a violation of that patients rights as a citizen. For that doctor to take taxpayer money and then not comply with the rest of the nation is outrageous.

TO me, I find it hilarious how some on this board (no names mentioned) only a year ago, were condemning the catholic church as a corrupt organization and there were calls for pulling of all goverment aid to the church. Those same persons were saying that the catholic church was riddled with homosexuals and their actions hurting the country by providing santuary cities for illegal aliens.

That same catholic church that provides a safety net for illegals encourages them to stay here, bring their entire families and then encouraging reproducing without any contraception running up the costs to the taxpayers for each of them and those same people are NOW SUPPORTING THE CATHOLIC CHURCH????

What the heck? Have they lost their minds? Did they forget about illegals, welfare and food stamps? Now people want to come to the aid of the catholic church?

Get serious. Like I said, pick a side and stay on that side. Either you support the Catholic church entirely and the damage done to our cities with illegals and children born to illegals, or you dont.

The right wing wants to argue only when convenient. If you support the churches position that contraception should not be allowed, then you must support all the children born out of that religious freedom without complaining.

Peace.

TOS

moreluck

golden ticket member
As usual obama backed off and created a compromise. i guess that is called getting things done and working together. As ive heard only a small group of catholics still see this as a problem . People like dolan and the other bishops. But Keehan president of the catholic health association and catholic charities are fine with the compromise as well as tim kaine,etc.

Politically it helps obama (it shows how open he is to compromise) but principally on this issue it hurts women in the end.
In his own words, he said it was not a compromise!!!

island1fox

Colorado woman who travels frequently not allowed to fly because all female TSA women had gone home. She stated that she would sign a waiver that a man could pat her down --she needed to fly . The Goverment decided she could not ???? Too bad --an American Citizen, no threat, to record,no reason --denied flight because she is female ???

MrFedEx

Engorged Member
Colorado woman who travels frequently not allowed to fly because all female TSA women had gone home. She stated that she would sign a waiver that a man could pat her down --she needed to fly . The Goverment decided she could not ???? Too bad --an American Citizen, no threat, to record,no reason --denied flight because she is female ???

No, a stupid staffing mistake, endlessly exploited as an idiotic "example" of how our freedoms are being trampled on by "Big Govenment". Give me a freaking break.

klein

Für Meno :)
I think the US healthcare system should stop providing blood and organ transplants, because the JW`s don`t support it !
They neither should be billed for services "never" rendered.

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

No, a stupid staffing mistake, endlessly exploited as an idiotic "example" of how our freedoms are being trampled on by "Big Govenment". Give me a freaking break.

There is more to the story than was first reported. Turns out she was late to her flight, the plane was ready to pull and the inspection station had already been broken down. She ended up paying $185 for a rental car and drove 350 miles to get to her destination.

The issue of the contraception and the catholic church is nothing more than a gimmick by the right wing in pure desperation. The GOP has lost their message and it hopes to pin its future on the rally for religious freedoms.

Depsite the fact that the majority of catholic women Polled shows they support the presidents position, the right wing wants to distort the issue and try to make inways with catholic voters. Unfortunately, the right wing cant have both sides of the argument and win.

They have to "chose" a side and stay on that side.

If the right wing wants to claim that women who are catholics should be denied contraception of any kind because the church wants to protect its future flock and income, then they also have to accept that hispanic women are mostly catholics and if they pop out 5 or 7 kids and end up on welfare or the taxpayers dime, then thats what "they" protected with their actions.

The right wing can no longer complain when a catholic woman has 5 kids on welfare because she "excersized" her religious freedoms protected by the republican party. No longer can they complain that catholic women have too many kids.

Or, the right wing can understand that todays catholic women are becoming more progressive and are accepting that smaller families are the better way of life and they need the assistance of todays medicine to make that possible.

Hispanics are assimilating into society and losing the belief that all pregnancies are the work of GOD. The Catholic church, whos only interest is in sustaining itself with followers and money, has used women to make that possible for hundreds of years.

With hunger, poverty, homelessness, overpopulation, unemployment, over crowded schools and crime, hispanic catholics are changing their belief systems. This I know. I am both a hispanic and catholic.

Its time to drop the notion, that the president is trying to FORCE catholics to use contraception, because its SOCIETY that is forcing them to make changes. If a religious based hospital or doctor takes taxpayer money to run a business, then it better comply with the rules for SOCIETY.

If you want to really break this down, if you can agree that abortion should reduced or eliminated, then you would also have to understand that you have to change "mindsets" of women who use nothing in the form of protection and allow them to recieve counseling and medical aid in order to make that happen even if its a catholic insurance policy.

Peace.

TOS
Since you started off with fabrications in the first sentence I didn't bother reading the rest of your rant. Which is a shame really because you do sometimes stumble over a good point.
It is the Catholic Church that is fighting against this, not as a right wing gimmick. This is a real issue for the church. The Catholic Church is the only ones I know of that oppose pre-pregancy contraceptives. The issue for the rest of the right wing is the abortion issue. You know that, I know that and everyone else knows that.

I oppose ANY insurance company being forced to provide abortions. period.

I think the US healthcare system should stop providing blood and organ transplants, because the JW`s don`t support it !
Your opinion is irrelevant , this is a USA issue not a canadian issue.

As usual obama backed off and created a compromise. i guess that is called getting things done and working together. As ive heard only a small group of catholics still see this as a problem . People like dolan and the other bishops. But Keehan president of the catholic health association and catholic charities are fine with the compromise as well as tim kaine,etc.

Politically it helps obama (it shows how open he is to compromise) but principally on this issue it hurts women in the end.
Actually it's called a zer0bama gimmick (thanks TOS) created to show that he is the great compromiser.

moreluck

golden ticket member
Originally Posted by 804brown

Politically it helps obama (it shows how open he is to compromise) but principally on this issue it hurts women in the end."

Obama said it's NOT a compromise!! It's an accomodation (his word). Politically, it loses lots of the Catholic vote for him. It's a shell game and the Religious are NOT fine with it. Nothing has changed.....just a little wording adjustment. The ins. co will pay for it???? Who pays for the ins. plan....the Catholic agency in question. No difference.

moreluck

golden ticket member
Blood transplant???
JW's ... Junior Wrestlers?

WTH??

moreluck

golden ticket member
Since you started off with fabrications in the first sentence I didn't bother reading the rest of your rant. Which is a shame really because you do sometimes stumble over a good point.
It is the Catholic Church that is fighting against this, not as a right wing gimmick. This is a real issue for the church. The Catholic Church is the only ones I know of that oppose pre-pregancy contraceptives. The issue for the rest of the right wing is the abortion issue. You know that, I know that and everyone else knows that.

I oppose ANY insurance company being forced to provide abortions. period.

It's more than just Catholics. Last night on Hannity thet had a set of raised seats loaded with priests, bishops, reverends from both white churches and black churches (that's what the rev. called it......the black church and the black reverends). There were many from all beliefs and all against the "fix" by Obama. I'm not sure what the percentage is for the religious vote for Obama, but he sure turned them off!!

804brown

Obama said it's NOT a compromise!! It's an accomodation (his word). Politically, it loses lots of the Catholic vote for him. It's a shell game and the Religious are NOT fine with it. Nothing has changed.....just a little wording adjustment. The ins. co will pay for it???? Who pays for the ins. plan....the Catholic agency in question. No difference.

Lets see in 2008, the right made obama out to be anti religious and he still got 54% of the catholic vote. A great majority of cathoics seem ok with the compromise, only the fundies object who never would vote for him anyway. But by seeming to defend women's right to health care and birth control helps him with the women's vote and makes the republican party seem out of the mainstream.

wkmac

Lets see in 2008, the right made obama out to be anti religious and he still got 54% of the catholic vote. A great majority of cathoics seem ok with the compromise, only the fundies object who never would vote for him anyway. But by seeming to defend women's right to health care and birth control helps him with the women's vote and makes the republican party seem out of the mainstream.

Yeah! Yeah! Yeah! But he's still a radical communist, marxist revolutionary and do you want proof? I mean do you really want the proof? Well here you go and let this settle this once and for all. The Dow Jones Industrial average hit it's all time 2nd high this past week and is within a 1000 points of an all time high. So there you go, what more proof do you need?

Some damn marxist he is, I'm still waiting for my fair share of the collective labor!

:wink2: