RIP Chris Cornell

rod

Retired 22 years
I think this might have been a case of the autoerotic asphyxiation like Michael Hutchens and David Carradine. Accidental suicide. He had too much good going on for it to be intentional.

RIP Mr. Cornell. great voice.

Does anyone else but me remember when the Union called a one day shut down back in the late 70's-early 80's (at least the local in Mpls did) when the company wouldn't pay off on a life insurance claim because a kid in Mpls had died of autoerotic asphyxiation? That was the strangest day off we ever had. No one around here had even heard of such a thing.

burrheadd

KING Of GIFS
RIP Mr. Cornell. great voice.

Does anyone else but me remember when the Union called a one day shut down back in the late 70's-early 80's (at least the local in Mpls did) when the company wouldn't pay off on a life insurance claim because a kid in Mpls had died of autoerotic asphyxiation? That was the strangest day off we ever had. No one around here had even heard of such a thing.

Damn
Your Old

Turdferguson

Just a turd
We lowering the bar to be a HERO? I don't consider any musician as a hero for being in a band.
Maybe his music touched someone and made them feel complete, saving them from doing something stupid to themselves or others. Maybe instead of lowering the bar ,others have expanded the definition of what it means to be a hero.
God forbid someone go against what you "feel" or think is right. That may fly in your world of UPS management culture, but not with the rest of humanity pal

upschuck

Maybe his music touched someone and made them feel complete, saving them from doing something stupid to themselves or others. Maybe instead of lowering the bar ,others have expanded the definition of what it means to be a hero.
God forbid someone go against what you "feel" or think is right. That may fly in your world of UPS management culture, but not with the rest of humanity pal
Ok, let's "expand" it to everyone. At some point in their life, they must have made someone feel "complete".

cheryl

I started this.
Staff member
Took the cowards way out. Gets no praise or respect from me.
IDK... Suicide is the sad result of mental illness, substance abuse, alcohol, etc... Probably a lot of other things. I choose not to judge people in overly simple black and white terms. Each or our lives are more personal and complicated than anyone else can easily judge... He was very talented. Accomplished amazing things. We recently saw him perform so maybe that colors my opinion here

rod

Retired 22 years
Took the cowards way out. Gets no praise or respect from me.

I've had two in my family commit suicide. Believe me both had fought a long hard battle for a long time with their illnesses and demons. When it happened I hated them for putting the rest of the family through it but I never felt they took the "cowards" way out. Just the opposite.

IMG_0182.JPG
The young Chris I know would play big dumb sex or gun, but this is more appropriate. Written for Andy.