RIP Driver

rod

Retired 22 years

Thebrownblob

Nice news article except the part about "camaraderie". From what I see there hasn't been any
"camaraderie" amongst the troops in years.
Every Wednesday 10 or 15 drivers go to the bar and have a drink there still some camaraderie. Although I agree, it’s a lot less than it used to be.

rod

Retired 22 years
Every Wednesday 10 or 15 drivers go to the bar and have a drink there still some camaraderie. Although I agree, it’s a lot less than it used to be.
I'm glad to hear at least one center has a group that will have a beer after work. At my old center we had a bar 2 blocks from the building so ANY night after work if you stopped some co-worker would be there. We had a couple of them who stopped EVERY work night and most Saturdays. Thursdays was our BIG NIGHT---damn near everyone would stop and usually shut the place down.. Friday mornings at the AM 90 % of us probably would have failed a breath test. Then the wives would all want to go out Friday night and we had to do it all over again. Oh to be young again.

Thebrownblob

I'm glad to hear at least one center has a group that will have a beer after work. At my old center we had a bar 2 blocks from the building so ANY night after work if you stopped some co-worker would be there. We had a couple of them who stopped EVERY work night and most Saturdays. Thursdays was our BIG NIGHT---damn near everyone would stop and usually shut the place down.. Friday mornings at the AM 90 % of us probably would have failed a breath test. Then the wives would all want to go out Friday night and we had to do it all over again. Oh to be young again.
Most of these guys are too afraid of their wives to go have a beer lol

UnionStrong

Sorry, but I don’t care anymore.
You were lucky. That could never happen today.