Road Driver

9Legends9

Hi, Just got hired for a road driver position in the Detroit area, kind of confused on the pay structure..... From my understanding it is a mileage position, not sure what the starting pay is.... city drivers and feeder drivers are hourly? I was told city make $ 29.50hr but after looking at the contract online that number doesn't seem right as it states the hourly is $35.37... does pay differ by terminal?? any help would be appreciated!

olroadbeech

Happy Verified UPSer
Hi, Just got hired for a road driver position in the Detroit area, kind of confused on the pay structure..... From my understanding it is a mileage position, not sure what the starting pay is.... city drivers and feeder drivers are hourly? I was told city make $ 29.50hr but after looking at the contract online that number doesn't seem right as it states the hourly is $35.37... does pay differ by terminal?? any help would be appreciated!
why don't you ask somebody there??????

Turdferguson

Just a turd

Are you working for UPS freight?
Diffrent contract than the package division

Turdferguson

Just a turd
Yes UPS Freight
This is what I see for top rate for freight
Screenshot_2017-07-24-19-50-51.png

Found the freight contract here
UPS Freight Agreement, 2013 – 2018

9Legends9

Once an employee reaches seniority is it possible to transfer between freight and package?? Trying to decide if I am making the right decision

9Legends9

You were hired, and never were told or inquired about how much you would be making?
Yes I was, I guess it starts at 51 cents a mile and tops at 70 cents just really didn't know that the freight and package were basically 2 different companies with totally different pay structures.