Road Rage!

Mr.Blonde

Only way outs inna box
I agree that you need to be careful on or off job what hill you are willing to die on because criminals dont abide by the laws. If I understand the OP story the road rager cut him off several times and the last time he stopped in front of him not the other way around. He got out in the middle of traffic due to road rage with hostile intent which isn’t legal in any states. despite of future employment the op has more right to stand his ground with lethal or non lethal in such states that allow it.

The road rager opted out to stand his ground the second he got out to pursue the crime he engaged in with someone that is not the aggressor of the story. With cameras and bystanders everywhere (even on package cars) good luck pursuing that lawsuit.

Mr.Blonde

Only way outs inna box
He was coming at me, I never left my truck. This dude stepped into the cab briefly like he was going to attack me. Also, I don’t know how he would conceal a firearm in the skinny jeans and tight shirt he was wearing. This guy looked like he was on the Jersey Shore, except he was maybe 5’7”, a buck fifty soaking wet. Anyway, you’re right, I always assume someone is armed. Which is why I stay in my vehicle. I’d never get out, probably just run them over if anything.
Drag em like a piece of cardboard

anonymous23456

You did good by being prepared and acted rationally. Crazy and entitled people are everywhere. They don't learn until they get whooped a few times in their lives.

Mr.Blonde

Only way outs inna box
He was coming at me, I never left my truck. This dude stepped into the cab briefly like he was going to attack me. Also, I don’t know how he would conceal a firearm in the skinny jeans and tight shirt he was wearing. This guy looked like he was on the Jersey Shore, except he was maybe 5’7”, a buck fifty soaking wet. Anyway, you’re right, I always assume someone is armed. Which is why I stay in my vehicle. I’d never get out, probably just run them over if anything.
The fact he stepped in the cab was a forcible entry and he should’ve been air holed in a stand your ground state. What a POS

Zowert

I agree that you need to be careful on or off job what hill you are willing to die on because criminals dont abide by the laws. If I understand the OP story the road rager cut him off several times and the last time he stopped in front of him not the other way around. He got out in the middle of traffic due to road rage with hostile intent which isn’t legal in any states. despite of future employment the op has more right to stand his ground with lethal or non lethal in such states that allow it.

The road rager opted out to stand his ground the second he got out to pursue the crime he engaged in with someone that is not the aggressor of the story. With cameras and bystanders everywhere (even on package cars) good luck pursuing that lawsuit.
You are correct. He lost his mind because I honked at him when he cut me off. I was driving in the left lane passing vehicles on the right, Rivian guy got stuck behind a car turning right that had to wait for a pedestrian. He got impatient and cut in front of me without looking, I slammed on my brakes and gave him the horn. I figured that was that, move on. Nope! He accelerates a short distance then hits his brakes to a dead stop. I change to the right lane to avoid him, he then cuts me off again and brake checks me. I yelled out, “What the **** are you doing?!” I tried to change back into the left lane but there was too much traffic, he had me pinned. That’s when he got out and escalated things.

Zowert

The fact he stepped in the cab was a forcible entry and he should’ve been air holed in a stand your ground state. What a POS
Part of me thinks he only pulled this stunt because he knew the UPS guy wouldn’t be packing heat. I really hope he doesn’t do this to some random person that’s not in a commercial vehicle, that’s a very good way to get smoked.

Mr.Blonde

Only way outs inna box
Part of me thinks he only pulled this stunt because he knew the UPS guy wouldn’t be packing heat. I really hope he doesn’t do this to some random person that’s not in a commercial vehicle, that’s a very good way to get smoked.
Natural selection baby..just wished it was a little more responsive

Zowert

You did good by being prepared and acted rationally. Crazy and entitled people are everywhere. They don't learn until they get whooped a few times in their lives.
Totally this, thank you. I was fortunate enough to have an older brother that kept me in line. I got the belt a couple times from my old man but it was my brother that really humbled me. I think these entitled maniacs never had that growing up.

Mr.Blonde

Only way outs inna box
Totally this, thank you. I was fortunate enough to have an older brother that kept me in line. I got the belt a couple times from my old man but it was my brother that really humbled me. I think these entitled maniacs never had that growing up.
Sorry you had to go through this little buddy. If you need help make sure to get with center manager and tell him you need a mental health day because of this. Then Go do your favorite recreational activity

UnionStrong

Sorry, but I don’t care anymore.
Not to much road rage in AZ for this very reason. At least no one stops, an 18 year old woman in the passenger seat was shot and wounded on Route 10 a couple days ago. Road rage on a 5 lane freeway.

Zowert

Sorry you had to go through this little buddy. If you need help make sure to get with center manager and tell him you need a mental health day because of this. Then Go do your favorite recreational activity
Haha I’m good. At work now, management doesn’t even care because no one called in.

Zowert

Lol but ya dude you did good always report it asap and if you have to take a few licks and go on work comp and really Live the American dream
This is actually a good idea lol! I’ll sit on workers comp with a black eye for a couple months while I get in touch with a Teamsters attorney. That Rivian would be mine!

Mr.Blonde

Only way outs inna box
This is actually a good idea lol! I’ll sit on workers comp with a black eye for a couple months while I get in touch with a Teamsters attorney. That Rivian would be mine!
Had no idea what rivian had to look it up…….who the hell would drive that thing lol

Zowert

Had no idea what rivian had to look it up…….who the hell would drive that thing lol
Yeah, they’re stupid looking. I wanted to make fun of his ride but I knew it would only escalate things. Picture a short dude with 3lbs of hair gel on his head, wearing women’s jeans and a tight v-neck shirt getting out of that vehicle to rage at you. It was like some sort of dystopian clown car scene. I wish I didn’t care about my job because I really wanted to punt that jabroni back into the early 2000’s.