Road test for a cover driver position coming up next Tuesday I don’t how to drive a stick shift

Whither

Scofflaw
But we also didn't have cell phones or a back up camera or a magic box that told us where our next stop was - how many packages you had for it and directions on how to get to it. We also drove old POS trucks with high steps no power steering and manual transmissions. With all the advance tech stuff you guys have now you should be doing TWICE the stops they are giving you.
I'd love for you to be able to come in one day and run a commercial or industrial route blind in ORION :lol:

I mean it. It would be fascinating. The irony of ORION is I'm sure the company thought it would make us easily replaceable but it turns out it, overall, it makes the job harder, makes service failures more likely, and makes routes more difficult to learn.

Fido

Don’t worry he’s friendly
I went to school and didn’t even drive 🤷‍♂️
Stared at a computer and didn’t even touch a diad once.
Came back and qualified.
Integrad is a scam.

rod

Retired 22 years
I'd love for you to be able to come in one day and run a commercial or industrial route blind in ORION :lol:

I mean it. It would be fascinating. The irony of ORION is I'm sure the company thought it would make us easily replaceable but it turns out it, overall, it makes the job harder, makes service failures more likely, and makes routes more difficult to learn.
We ran routes blind without cell phones or any other help except maybe a map all the time. That was back when men were men. :-)

Steamer

When I started we only had 1 stick shift left. It didn't have power steering either. Now they are all automatics. The 2nd gear synchronizers were out. So i told the manager I would just skip 1st to third which he was like cool. Then we get back to the building and my first backing to the dock was perfect. Probably better than I care to do 50% of the time now. Needless to say I was hired. Talk about bad luck. :upssmiley:

Steamer

Hello I recently applied to be a cover driver/preloader I have been a seasonal helper for over five years and have been wanting to become a driver for the company since the first year I was a driver helper any tips and or pointers on how to use a stick shift??? Please and thank you I’m advance
Just give it a ton of gas. Drop the clutch and go. 1st gear is the hardest. The rest of the gears are just a shift. Taking off is the hardest part. If you burn out you get double brownie points. Good luck.