Roth or normal 401K

BMWMC

B.C. boohoo buster.
So will the zombies be arriving before or after the collapse of the U.S. dollar and the subsequent replacement of gold coins as the new world currency?

Lets pretend BMWMC that your economic doomsday scenario plays out. If the world gets to this place WE WILL ALL BE SO SCREWED IT WONT MATTER.

The reality is that America will shut its borders down and become a complete protectionist state if we ever get to this place.

High income Americans might get means testing for SS but people with annual income under a million. Not gonna happen.

Its already happen or haven't you been watching and reading the news. The economy is built like a ponzi scheme and ponzi scheme collapse when they run out of buyers. Our fiat, debt, consumer ponzi economy collapsed. The only thing the central banks have done is papered over the losses. There hope was to help the economy heal and then they could stop but this isn't your grandfathers economy and it hasn't heal its been fooled into thinking everything is fixed. Nothing has been fix. Wages are still declining as a consequence of globalization. WAGES are the holy grail of a virtuous economic cycle. You can create inflation by printing money but that eventually hits a wall as consumers lose purchasing power and thus aggregate demand.

What you really want to see is wage driven inflation or as its call ORGANIC growth.

Median_US_household_income.png

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Household_income_in_the_United_States

Median_US_household_income.png

Last edited:

kingOFchester

Do you follow Chris Duane? I will admit to owning some of his Bullion. Freedom Girl is actually one of my favorite 1oz bullion. Executed perfectly, well if you don't factor in Rob Gray and the Mulligan mint fiasco.

That said, Chris Duane is a smart man who's goal is to rake in the cash, not silver. Don't buy into what he preaches because his motives has nothing to do with what he preaches. He makes great points to capitalize on those who believe in the doom and gloom.

Be careful with purchasing physical silver. Buying and selling silver is expensive. You will pay around 6-7% over spot, and when you sell you will get around 6-7% under spot. That is a huge spread that you have to cover to make a profit. I know you probably do not buy silver for the profit, but for me, this is what i look at.

Go to garage sales, yard sales and used stores and get silver at a fraction of spot price. This is what I do and flip it into cash. I have bought bullion here and there if i like the piece. Now, Morgans........I have a ton of those, but for other reasons.

Last edited:

purplesky

Its already happen or haven't you been watching and reading the news. The economy is built like a ponzi scheme and ponzi scheme collapse when they run out of buyers. Our fiat, debt, consumer ponzi economy collapsed. The only thing the central banks have done is papered over the losses. There hope was to help the economy heal and then they could stop but this isn't your grandfathers economy and it hasn't heal its been fooled into thinking everything is fixed. Nothing has been fix. Wages are still declining as a consequence of globalization. WAGES are the holy grail of a virtuous economic cycle. You can create inflation by printing money but that eventually hits a wall as consumers lose purchasing power and thus aggregate demand.

What you really want to see is wage driven inflation or as its call ORGANIC growth.

View attachment 9995

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Household_income_in_the_United_States

Yes bmwmc I am well aware of the DOWNWARD ECONOMIC SPIRAL and THE RACE TO THE BOTTUM AND THE LOST GENERATION LIVING IN THEIR PARENTS BASEMENT and THE TRILLION DOLLARS WORTH OF STUDENT LOAN DEBT and the RETIREMENT SAVINGS CRISIS AND BLAH BLAH BLAH! I have posted many times on here about THE OUTSOURCING OF AMERICA.

So what if the world economy collapses? It already kind of has. America is the best place to be. The whole world economy is a mess BUT AMERICA HAS THE BEST CHANCE TO SURVIVE.

Who says we have to pay back China if the world economy COMPLETELY collapses? The dollar isn't going anywhere. IF AMERICA NEEDS TO SURVIVE WE CAN CHANGE THE GAME AND WE WILL. WHO WILL STOP US?

There is no way in hell I am going to buy Gold and silver because of the chance that the US dollar will be worth nothing someday.

The thing about the stock market is that there are measures now to shut the markets down to prevent a crash. There is nothing to prevent gold and silver from crashing.

brownmonster

Man of Great Wisdom
Yes bmwmc I am well aware of the DOWNWARD ECONOMIC SPIRAL and THE RACE TO THE BOTTUM AND THE LOST GENERATION LIVING IN THEIR PARENTS BASEMENT and THE TRILLION DOLLARS WORTH OF STUDENT LOAN DEBT and the RETIREMENT SAVINGS CRISIS AND BLAH BLAH BLAH! I have posted many times on here about THE OUTSOURCING OF AMERICA.

So what if the world economy collapses? It already kind of has. America is the best place to be. The whole world economy is a mess BUT AMERICA HAS THE BEST CHANCE TO SURVIVE.

Who says we have to pay back China if the world economy COMPLETELY collapses? The dollar isn't going anywhere. IF AMERICA NEEDS TO SURVIVE WE CAN CHANGE THE GAME AND WE WILL. WHO WILL STOP US?

There is no way in hell I am going to buy Gold and silver because of the chance that the US dollar will be worth nothing someday.

The thing about the stock market is that there are measures now to shut the markets down to prevent a crash. There is nothing to prevent gold and silver from crashing.

The bunker builders have been around for years.

Notretiredyet

Been maxing both out for awhile, 22% for 401K and 10% Roth gets both maxed out by the end of Sept. Not gonna get into what to invest in, except perhaps a good financial advisor.

Brownslave688

You want a toe? I can get you a toe.
Been maxing both out for awhile, 22% for 401K and 10% Roth gets both maxed out by the end of Sept. Not gonna get into what to invest in, except perhaps a good financial advisor.

Hes asking If he should invest in regular 401k or the Roth 401k. U max out your 401k and have a Roth IRA.

purplesky

The scary thing about gold and silver is that its just guys at a computer in a room looking for buyers and sellers. When you buy stock in companies like Apple or UPS or FDX or Microsoft or Southwest airlines you are buying into an actual working object you can study and evaluate.

I could see buying maybe 20% into metals but just to diversify an overall portfolio.

I just think if the dollar really does ever crash that the whole house of cards will come crashing down and it wont matter what you own. They do have mechanisms in place now to shut the markets down worldwide and I imagine they would freeze the markets to prevent a complete collapse.

kingOFchester

The scary thing about gold and silver is that its just guys at a computer in a room looking for buyers and sellers. When you buy stock in companies like Apple or UPS or FDX or Microsoft or Southwest airlines you are buying into an actual working object you can study and evaluate.

I could see buying maybe 20% into metals but just to diversify an overall portfolio.

I just think if the dollar really does ever crash that the whole house of cards will come crashing down and it wont matter what you own. They do have mechanisms in place now to shut the markets down worldwide and I imagine they would freeze the markets to prevent a complete collapse.

Agree except for 20% into metals. That's a bit high for my comfort. Thats the great thing about investing, some may like GE while others like BA.

Me, I feel most comfortable putting a large chunk of my investment funds in SPY, a fund that pretty much mirrors the S&P 500. Most individual investors can not beat the S&P500. Nor can a good portion of financial advisors or other funds when you take into account fee's. Keep some money in a "fun" account for trading stocks, calls, puts and the like. This account I go in willing to loose but the goal to strike it rich. My 401k has not beat my SPY. My individual stock picks on the whole has not beaten the S&P. Yes, I have ad stocks that I have doubled in less then a year, but I have calls that went to nothing and other stock picks that lost money. All in all, I have made money but SPY is the sure winner year after year. I have yet had one of my accounts beat SPY. That's me, but we all have our beliefs and reasons.

purplesky

Agree except for 20% into metals. That's a bit high for my comfort. Thats the great thing about investing, some may like GE while others like BA.

Me, I feel most comfortable putting a large chunk of my investment funds in SPY, a fund that pretty much mirrors the S&P 500. Most individual investors can not beat the S&P500. Nor can a good portion of financial advisors or other funds when you take into account fee's. Keep some money in a "fun" account for trading stocks, calls, puts and the like. This account I go in willing to loose but the goal to strike it rich. My 401k has not beat my SPY. My individual stock picks on the whole has not beaten the S&P. Yes, I have ad stocks that I have doubled in less then a year, but I have calls that went to nothing and other stock picks that lost money. All in all, I have made money but SPY is the sure winner year after year. I have yet had one of my accounts beat SPY. That's me, but we all have our beliefs and reasons.

I personally dont want any metals. But I guess for people who are freaked about zombies and the collapse of the dollar buying metals might help them sleep at night.

If I were really wealthy I would buy metals and have them in a safe at my mansion. That would be sweet.:happy-very: Gold bars and silver in a big safe.

brownmonster

Man of Great Wisdom
I personally dont want any metals. But I guess for people who are freaked about zombies and the collapse of the dollar buying metals might help them sleep at night.

If I were really wealthy I would buy metals and have them in a safe at my mansion. That would be sweet.:happy-very: Gold bars and silver in a big safe.

My father in law is cashing out his bank CDs and buying silver coins. I said why don't you just buy stocks that trade in silver. When he croaks his daughters are going to look at this pile of coins and say what the hell am I supposed to do with these.

purplesky

My father in law is cashing out his bank CDs and buying silver coins. I said why don't you just buy stocks that trade in silver. When he croaks his daughters are going to look at this pile of coins and say what the hell am I supposed to do with these.

They will become pirate chicks and put the coins in a treasure chest.:happy-very: