Route pulled

jaker

trolling
I have looked and couldn't find the info about what ups is supposed to do or you are supposed to do if your route was taken out for a day or so

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

You can follow the work if 50% or more went to a single area; if not, you can try to get one of the senior guys to take the day or you can take the day yourself.

Sent using BrownCafe App

jaker

trolling
I thought ups was to notify you 90min before start time to let you know your route was pulled and give you the option to work or take it off

But I can't find the info in the contract

UPSGUY72

I have looked and couldn't find the info about what ups is supposed to do or you are supposed to do if your route was taken out for a day or so

I my area you become a cover driver for the day. Sometimes they will ask you if you want a day off but usually you run splits or do another open route...

UPSGUY72

I thought ups was to notify you 90min before start time to let you know your route was pulled and give you the option to work or take it off

But I can't find the info in the contract

You have the right to work not the right not to. With that being said if they have to many drivers and not enough routes they usually ask the top seniority driver if they want a day off. They don't have to they can lay off the lowest seniority driver for the day...

3 done 3 to go

In control of own destiny
We can bump the least sr man. If our route is cut. Most take the day off. I don't worry about it. As my area is never cut. Because they know I would work it. They will cut the area, where they know the driver will opt for the day off.

jaker

trolling
You guys are right but that was the old contract , I remember hearing that with the new one they had to call you before your start time to let you know

ncupser82

I wonder if you can file like cover drivers do when they are pulled from their vacation bid route for 2 days?

Sent using BrownCafe App

3 done 3 to go

In control of own destiny
You can follow the work if 50% or more went to a single area; if not, you can try to get one of the senior guys to take the day or you can take the day yourself.

Sent using BrownCafe App

I think the union needs to address this issue. They are able to fix numbers on areas. If I bid on a certain route. I want to do what I bid on. This is how they increase stops per hr. I'm fine with adding work. If my route is light. It's the cut of certain sections off. Then adding a section I may be able to do a little faster.

The Other Side

Well-Known Troll
Troll
Guys we are on a NEW contract now. Looking in the old contract wont help you. The new language is simple.

If a senior man is displaced by a route removal, that senior driver bumps the LEAST senior man in the delivery loop on that very day. No senior driver shall be sent to cover/utility driver if their route is disolved.

This is new for this contract 2013/2018

TOS.

You have the right to work not the right not to. With that being said if they have to many drivers and not enough routes they usually ask the top seniority driver if they want a day off. They don't have to they can lay off the lowest seniority driver for the day...
Not here. They let their but buddy's go home not lay off by seniority. They try to get me to go home because the day was well over 9.5 I didn't drive 30 miles and put on my monkey suit to go home at start time. If I'm scheduled to work I'm going to work