RPCD that loads their own truck

AKCoverMan

Had Hellen Keller loads a few times at the hub.. get rid of some NDA and bulk, then stop and fix the rest of the truck. I’d clock it as sort and load time, once or twice I was questioned on it but I was getting route done.

KearsargeCoop

Baseball, dart board
We load our own trucks here as well. 20 to 30 routes depending on volume. 6:30 start during peak, 7:30 rest of year. Some guys load two trucks, as a few drivers run spot scanner and bin scanners for bags. Few ”preloaders" empty trailers and flip boxes.

Ou812fu

Polishing toilet bowls since 1966.
In our building we still load our own cars. We have 15 routes and we get two trailers spotted before start time (0915 Mon, 1000 T-friend). Two package cars come out from the hub with the last air volume about 45 mins later and take away the previous day pickup volume.

Reason for two of everything is that our “building” is actually two buildings side by side. In theory the volume is split by the routes in each building...in theory,

Company always complains that sort should “only take an hour” but you can count on one hand number of times that happens. Only one of the two buildings has scanner so send agains have to be moved by handcart across dirt (or snow and ice) parking lot between buildings. Don’t even get me started on add/cut moves between buildings. No moving belts we have rollers strung together and push packages down the line. No car level loading we climb in and out of cars. Queue the Theme Song to Gillian’s Island: “It’s primitive as can be!”

During peak we had PVD volume in both buildings as well but the temps were not scheduled till after sort so we had to sort and stack all their volume as well. Was taking close to three hours we were getting out at 1300. Management was going nuts. Don’t know how they thought we could load and sort twive the volume in less time with same number of bodies, Volume was rolling everyday and that just slowed process further, Finally they decided it was ok for the PVDs to come in early and help us and we got caught up after about a week. We spent three saturdays in a row coming in to pre-preload for Monday morning, Six FTs all getting 8OT to work about two hours.

One big result of loading our own cars is we had 195 9.5 and 8hour grieves in our little operation this past year, eclipsing the hub with over three times as may cars. Seems our routes still count as a full route toward the “stops per car” metric even though we are spending 15% more or less of our day as a preloader.
Instead of having more drivers. You allowed them to use outside workers. And in your eyes that was a good thing?

PreTrippin’

Getting drunk and falling down
We load our own trucks here as well. 20 to 30 routes depending on volume. 6:30 start during peak, 7:30 rest of year. Some guys load two trucks, as a few drivers run spot scanner and bin scanners for bags. Few ”preloaders" empty trailers and flip boxes.
This sounds very similar to what I’d be in for except I don’t think our start time will be that early. 6:30 is pretty damn awesome. Do you like it or would you rather have a preload?

burrheadd

KING Of GIFS
What time you get done at night