RtW / voting question

brownie210

Hello, I work in a Right to work state (TX) and recently in my hub there has been a push to inform people about voting next year. I been here for 3 years and pay union dues but a bunch of other coworkers don't and still think they can vote. I've talked to my union rep and he said they will be able to vote because the Union has to represent everyone in a RtW state. Im confused, is this true?

Hello, I work in a Right to work state (TX) and recently in my hub there has been a push to inform people about voting next year. I been here for 3 years and pay union dues but a bunch of other coworkers don't and still think they can vote. I've talked to my union rep and he said they will be able to vote because the Union has to represent everyone in a RtW state. Im confused, is this true?
If you are not a member of the Union and paying these you have zero voice on the next contract.
Nor can you vote for any local union officials elections.

rod

Retired 22 years
If you are not a member of the Union and paying these you have zero voice on the next contract.
Nor can you vote for any local union officials elections.
Tell them not only can't they vote but that Union members will be voting to make it against the rules for the Union to represent them. Although not true it will be fun to see them cry.

Tell them not only can't they vote but that Union members will be voting to make it against the rules for the Union to represent them. Although not true it will be fun to see them cry.
Fortunately I am not in a right to work state

But I guarantee you I will not have one problem throwing those son of a buddy* under the bus

JonDoe

If they don't pay dues how is the Union going to know where to mail their ballot? Your scab co-workers are full of :censored2:.

Cowboy Mac

Im 90 percent sure I work out of your building and I’m surprised that a steward would tell you that. How would the union send you a ballot with your personal voting PIN number on it unless you were a member and they had your address on file?

DELACROIX

In the Spirit of Honore' Daumier
No voting rights as it should be, shouldn't be entitled to a pension IMO.

In reality a Part Time Pension is a pipe dream for most of our members:

a. Have to be 21 in order to start vesting.

b. If you are lucky enough to reach the service levels...It pays out peanuts compared to the full timers' pension plans...particularly if you happen to be under the Central and Southern Supplement.

c. Most of the part timers DO NOT hang around for 5 years to become vested in their pensions. In fact most never make it through orientation,

d. You quit accruing pension benefits once you reach the service level of 35 years. We have some part timers in our building that have over 45 years in, the Company does not have to provide any additional coverage or improvements past 35 years. (Central)....

e. Most of the full timers that worked part timer before they took a full time position have vested years that is formulated based on their number of years and when they left that part time pension plan. That plan has a (6 Percent) reduction per year prior to age 65, so if you retire at age 55 those monetary benefits are reduced (60 Percent).

Most of the full timers that are retiring today are basing their retirement income only on their full time years...the 5 to 15 years part time service that it took to bid on a full time position turns out to be pocket change.

This is a negotiable item that the past Union Leadership never could or wanted to address, most of happening for the rank and file under the Central and Southern Conferences...

b. If you are lucky enough to reach the service levels...It pays out peanuts compared to the full timers' pension plans...particularly if you happen to be under the Central and Southern Supplement.

c. Most of the part timers DO NOT hang around for 5 years to become vested in their pensions. In fact most never make it through orientation,

d. You quit accruing pension benefits once you reach the service level of 35 years. We have some part timers in our building that have over 45 years in, the Company does not have to provide any additional coverage or improvements past 35 years. (Central)....

e. Most of the full timers that worked part timer before they took a full time position have vested years that is formulated based on their number of years and when they left that part time pension plan. That plan has a (6 Percent) reduction per year prior to age 65, so if you retire at age 55 those monetary benefits are reduced (60 Percent).

Most of the full timers that are retiring today are basing their retirement income only on their full time years...the 5 to 15 years part time service that it took to bid on a full time position turns out to be pocket change.

This is a negotiable item that the past Union Leadership never could or wanted to address, most of happening for the rank and file under the Central and Southern Conferences...
Pension is a big problem in many locals.

I know of several PT retirees that started when they were 17 and 18 and are collecting a pension for all years worked.

Bubblehead

My Senior Picture
Central Region:

Screenshot_20220825-094437_Office.jpg

Wally

BrownCafe Innovator & King of Puns
The union need to find creative loopholes to make it less desirable to not join the union.