Rubios response to State of the Union.

Nimnim

The Nim
I didn't really see a thread that this would be an appropriate response so I'll start one here.

Personally, while I do have some disagreements with what Rubio has said I feel he laid out a very good response to the State of the Union.

Catatonic

Nine Lives
This has to be a tough speech to deliver ... you in an office with no audience.

I tried to listen but could not concentrate that long.

The State of the Union and the rebuttal are just political speeches and mean nothing anyway.

UPS Lifer

I was more intrigued to hear Rubio's response than the actual SOTU speech. Right now, Rubio is my choice for President in '16. (Of course that can change). Until last night, I have NEVER seen him nervous. I have been following his career since he was the Speaker of the House in Florida. He has charisma, shows confidence and is an articulate speaker.

Hoke, hit it on the head. There is no harder speech to give than the response to SOTU. His speech at the Republican National Convention is proof in his ability to command a crowd and you feed off of the energy in the venue.

He was nervous and those little bouts of wiping sweat from his face were a distraction and the fumbling for the water will be a classic skit done on SNL. Mark my words, the left is going to have a field day with that.

Why the water wasn't in arms reach right out of camera view is beyond me.

All that being said... he is the face of the New Republican Party going forward. We need young, middle class leaders who get it. He gets it. We have to put America above the party and I think Rubio does that.

Thanks for starting the thread Nimnim

The Other Side

Well-Known Troll
Troll
Rubios speech was boring and more of the same from the right wing. It was hilarious to watch him duck out of the shot to grab a bottle of water and its shows how nervous he was. As with every GOP person who delivers a response since OBAMA took office, each one has failed to move on any further with their careers.

Remember Bobby Jindal? Most of you were behind him as he was hyped to death before his response to the state of the union, and then what happened??

Oh yeah, he studdered, shuddered and failed to deliver. Same as Rubio.

I also find it hilarious that the GOP and FOX news are desperately trying to "build up" Rubio as some kind of miracle leader and using the concept that "if blacks voted for obama because they are black, then hispanics will vote for Rubio because he's hispanic"..

This is ridiculous at best.

I am hispanic, and I wouldnt vote for Rubio no matter what he said or believed in.

Hispanics wont vote for Rubio as they know he is being used by the GOP. Overexposure by FOX news and the right wing has killed every single GOP contender since 2009.

I hope the GOP runs with Rubio in 2016 and 77% of hispanics will still vote for the democrats!

Good luck with your prayers.

Peace

TOS

The Other Side

Well-Known Troll
Troll
The GOP's best hope?

images

toonertoo

Most Awesome Dog
Staff member
I guess giving the same speech in Spanish just before for 18 minutes wouldnt make you thirsty. And I guess being nervous is a nono.
Better I guess to be totally confident, and totally wrong.

UPS Lifer

BO has given well more than 1800 speeches in 4 years, that is more than one a day.... How could you not be the best speech giver in the country with that much practice?

I am glad Rubio got this out of the way. It will only make him better.

moreluck

golden ticket member
I'm sure the preezy offered all the details of any plan he put forward!!!......and the costs and how he would pay for it.

Watched Taken 2 instead!!

Jones

fILE A GRIEVE!
Staff member
This has to be a tough speech to deliver ... you in an office with no audience.

I tried to listen but could not concentrate that long.

The State of the Union and the rebuttal are just political speeches and mean nothing anyway.
Truth right there. I never listen to these things, if they say anything that actually matters I'll read about it the next day.

UPS Lifer

Rubios speech was boring and more of the same from the right wing. It was hilarious to watch him duck out of the shot to grab a bottle of water and its shows how nervous he was. As with every GOP person who delivers a response since OBAMA took office, each one has failed to move on any further with their careers.

Remember Bobby Jindal? Most of you were behind him as he was hyped to death before his response to the state of the union, and then what happened??

Oh yeah, he studdered, shuddered and failed to deliver. Same as Rubio.

I also find it hilarious that the GOP and FOX news are desperately trying to "build up" Rubio as some kind of miracle leader and using the concept that "if blacks voted for obama because they are black, then hispanics will vote for Rubio because he's hispanic"..

This is ridiculous at best.

I am hispanic, and I wouldnt vote for Rubio no matter what he said or believed in.

Hispanics wont vote for Rubio as they know he is being used by the GOP. Overexposure by FOX news and the right wing has killed every single GOP contender since 2009.

I hope the GOP runs with Rubio in 2016 and 77% of hispanics will still vote for the democrats!

Good luck with your prayers.

Peace

TOS

This post, full of hateful comments, shows that Rubio is making a difference. The left wing loons only notice the drink of water! They HATE that Rubio just paid back his $100,000 loan just a few months ago. They HATE that he lives in a middle class neighborhood. They HATE that Rubio represents the GOP from a middle class background. They HATE that he is one generation removed from immigrants who came to this country legally. They HATE that they can't paint him as a rich white snob. They HATE that he is smart, articulate, charismatic, and young. There is a lot to HATE and there is nobody better at getting it done.

Congratulations Marco Rubio! In two short years, you have moved to the level of demonization by the left wing loons. That is a large accomplishment.

My first post stated that the left would have a field day with that drink of water. Thanks for making my statement credible.

Keep your hateful and disparaging remarks coming. It shows how scared you are running and that Marco Rubio is making a difference.

Peace

(The left's way of saying "I hate you" righties) At least put a winking smiley face after "Peace"

Nimnim

The Nim
When I went to make this post, there were like 3 or 4 videos of the speech, one in spanish and something like 10 videos about the drink of water. I imagine it's much worse now.

moreluck

golden ticket member
Obsess much, MSNBC?

Via Daily Caller:
“Zero Dark Thirsty,” “Swing and a Miss,” “Parch Madness,” “Tough Swallow,” “Just Add Water,” and “Water Under the Bridge” were a handful of the phrases used on-air by MSNBC on Wednesday to mock Florida Republican Sen. Marco Rubio for awkwardly pausing to take a sip of water while delivering the official Republican response to the State of the Union address.

Throughout the broadcast day, between 5 a.m. and 11 p.m. EST, MSNBC showed a replay of Rubio’s swig approximately 155 times — 101 of which came during “The Rachel Maddow Show,” which played the moment on loop at the bottom of the screen for more than 13 minutes.