Rule of 80? 70?

Ricochet1a

Really? Fedex's insurance is worse then what you can get on Cigna's home page? I went to check them out, hard to believe.

There are different levels of coverage, depending on what the employer offers. CIGNA has plans that are much better than the one Express pays for, and some much worse.

I know FedEx Services has their insurance through CIGNA (in the areas which FedEx still goes through CIGNA. Their insurance is actually WORSE than Express'. Their copays, deductables and maximum out of pocket are all higher than Express insurance through CIGNA. Not all insurance plans are created equal - even between FedEx opcos.

SmithBarney

All I know is I've been to a ton of doctors for my family in the past two years, and one more than one occasion I've been told
"oh my that is a high co-pay"
"I've never seen a deductible that big"
etc... etc... I thought they were joking the first few times...

HuckToohey

You are entering a world of pain.
Just talked to my manager yesterday, 6-14. I asked him if it will be a Rule of 80 offering. He said he's heard it may be as low as rule of 70. He also said that this situation is different than any FDX Express Corp. has ever faced, so he wouldn't be surprised at all if a very aggressive "buyout" program isn't offered. I told him I'd take it. I'm at 83.

whenIgetthere

Just talked to my manager yesterday, 6-14. I asked him if it will be a Rule of 80 offering. He said he's heard it may be as low as rule of 70. He also said that this situation is different than any FDX Express Corp. has ever faced, so he wouldn't be surprised at all if a very aggressive "buyout" program isn't offered. I told him I'd take it. I'm at 83.

Spoke with my manager yesterday also, she heard 85 for salaried employees only. Then down to 80 if not enough take the buyout. She said she's heard nothing about an hourly buy out, but the managers don't know any more than we do, it's all speculation.

HuckToohey

You are entering a world of pain.
Spoke with my manager yesterday also, she heard 85 for salaried employees only. Then down to 80 if not enough take the buyout. She said she's heard nothing about an hourly buy out, but the managers don't know any more than we do, it's all speculation.

True. Hope springs eternal.

vantexan

That seems odd to me. By far the biggest single group are couriers and there are alot of topped out ones in their 40's. That's alot of people looking to work until they are at least 55, many to 60-62. In sheer numbers no other group comes close. And the thing is, unless FedEx spells out very clearly what is going to happen in a few years, it's likely only a small % will be willing to take a buyout in this economy. So I'd guess it'll be as inclusive as possible. I sure hope it's the rule of 70, I'm at 73.

vantexan

Did you by chance ask first if he'd heard about a Rule of 80 or 70 buyout, explaining what that meant? Or did you just ask if he had heard of a buyout, and he mentioned the Rule of 80 or 70?

whenIgetthere

That seems odd to me. By far the biggest single group are couriers and there are alot of topped out ones in their 40's. That's alot of people looking to work until they are at least 55, many to 60-62. In sheer numbers no other group comes close. And the thing is, unless FedEx spells out very clearly what is going to happen in a few years, it's likely only a small % will be willing to take a buyout in this economy. So I'd guess it'll be as inclusive as possible. I sure hope it's the rule of 70, I'm at 73.

Like I stated, she only hears the rumors we hear, speculation. For myself, a buyout isn't even an option. Not even close to 70, let alone 80 or 85, and in my 13th year, barely in the 2nd quartile! I've already downsized my life, no mortgage or rent, and both our cars will be paid off next month.