Rules of getting written up

Tom MacDonald

Max E. Pads
I've had an issue related to my health that has caused me miss work the last 2 days and I want to avoid the write up I'm sure they have waiting for me.

Does a docs note grant me immunity? What if I have to go to the ER?

sandwich

The resident gearhead
I've had an issue related to my health that has caused me miss work the last 2 days and I want to avoid the write up I'm sure they have waiting for me.

If your going to call out more than 3 days in a row, get a doctors note. You will be in the clear.

Tom MacDonald

Max E. Pads
If your going to call out more than 3 days in a row, get a doctors note. You will be in the clear.
Thanks. My appointment isn't for another week as it has reduced to mild discomfort from cringing pain.

Do you know if it has to be the same day or a week later? I couldn't get it scheduled sooner

Wally

BrownCafe Innovator & King of Puns
Where in the contract does it say you can't be sick for 3 days? Where does it say anything about a Doctor's note? It would seem to me, the company agreed to a certain number of sick days, so they agree by default you may be out that many days.

oldngray

nowhere special
Where in the contract does it say you can't be sick for 3 days? Where does it say anything about a Doctor's note? It would seem to me, the company agreed to a certain number of sick days, so they agree by default you may be out that many days.
Local rider or more likely past practice?

542thruNthru

Here it's after 5 days you need a Doc note. Though it still will not stop a warning letter if you already have attendance issues.

I believe where I am after 6 occurrences it's a warning letter.

Have you received a verbal warning about your attendance yet?

Wally

BrownCafe Innovator & King of Puns
The gerbil is starting to suffocate so it's not scratching as much?
upload_2018-7-22_16-55-6.png

542thruNthru

It says it in my rider.

Screenshot_20181114-123820.png

Tom MacDonald

Max E. Pads

Hmm Idk. Do.you think that maybe... that's the reason I'm asking?

Box Ox

Nope. Only your doctor can be granted immunity. And that’s only if he agrees to testify that you were faking it at your disciplinary meeting.

Just kidding. Management can’t do :censored2: to anybody who is legitimately sick. Don’t worry about write ups. Just get better.

The Company would be messing with you at its own peril. But don’t ghost your management team like some of the young folks who are afraid of potential confrontation and their own shadows.