S friend A

hypo hanna

They are doing a 1/2 year check now. At least my work group has for the past couple of years.
I don't participate in that one either.

FedEx2000

All workgroups that didn't have a mgr with a critical SFA should be taking it now....they do it almost every year now as a midpoint check to see what needs to be addressed now. Not a big deal....

MrFedEx

Engorged Member
They are doing a 1/2 year check now. At least my work group has for the past couple of years.
I don't participate in that one either.

The SFA is worthless, and besides, you don't need a survey to know that the employees think FedEx sucks. Another waste of money.

StuffItFred

One of the many BS items Fedex has. SFA, TLA, etc etc. How about we start a new survey called the FUF survey. :censored2: Fred survey!
I refuse and have refused for several years to participate in these petty BS surveys that NEVER accomplish a damn thing.

MrFedEx

Engorged Member
One of the many BS items Fedex has. SFA, TLA, etc etc. How about we start a new survey called the FUF survey. :censored2: Fred survey!
I refuse and have refused for several years to participate in these petty BS surveys that NEVER accomplish a damn thing.

Actually...they do. All of these worthless surveys, TLA's etc. are designed to diffuse anger and job frustration. Even if your TLA with your manager accomplishes nothing in terms of improving your job, it serves as a "vent session" in which some of your anger is probably dispersed. Nothing of substance will change, but talking anout it (while doing nothing) does serve the purposes of the company.

Feddy

Hello there. I have a question about that SFA. I work as a courier in Europe for Fedex. They told us that the SFA is anonymous, but I heard you must give in your ID number ??? I don't trust this...

Thanks for the answer.

Joe Nuno

It's only anonymous if they give you the sheet from a stack, but if your SFA is giving to you in an envelop that been seal, beware of what your answer is, your sheet should have a number on the bottom that could link you back.

Rhoderunner

Actually...they do. All of these worthless surveys, TLA's etc. are designed to diffuse anger and job frustration. Even if your TLA with your manager accomplishes nothing in terms of improving your job, it serves as a "vent session" in which some of your anger is probably dispersed. Nothing of substance will change, but talking anout it (while doing nothing) does serve the purposes of the company.

This works for the kool aid drinkers but not us informed types !!!! I get more pissed listening to their BS.

StuffItFred

Hello there. I have a question about that SFA. I work as a courier in Europe for Fedex. They told us that the SFA is anonymous, but I heard you must give in your ID number ??? I don't trust this...

Thanks for the answer.

Yes, anytime you log into IMS on the system with your employee number then it is not considered anonymous. Also, they can narrow you down by the questions they ask when they ask you to verify your age range, race, years of service, etc etc.
Don't believe anything you are told by Fedex management and you can refuse to do the SFA.

MrFedEx

Engorged Member
Yes, anytime you log into IMS on the system with your employee number then it is not considered anonymous. Also, they can narrow you down by the questions they ask when they ask you to verify your age range, race, years of service, etc etc.
Don't believe anything you are told by Fedex management and you can refuse to do the SFA.

The best thing you can do is refuse to take it. The manager looks bad for not getting 100% compliance, and you send a message that you think it's a waste of time. Win-Win for you.

StuffItFred

The best thing you can do is refuse to take it. The manager looks bad for not getting 100% compliance, and you send a message that you think it's a waste of time. Win-Win for you.

Exactly, I haven't taken one in years. Oddly enough the manager still asks me to come in for the SFA feedback meeting which I refused also.
Just as I refuse to log in to pledge or not pledge United Way. friend em and their 100% compliance

RTURNSONLY

So, which one is worse...refusing to take the SFA or giving a low, (but fair scores) to your manager? I don't know, but I am more inclined at taking the 6-month SFA and giving my manager what she deserves (low scores), than not taking it at all and not "voicing my opinion". I realize the questions are "prefabricated", but I feel out of the two devils, its better to take it than to ignore it, feel free to correct me if I am wrong.

StuffItFred

So, which one is worse...refusing to take the SFA or giving a low, (but fair scores) to your manager? I don't know, but I am more inclined at taking the 6-month SFA and giving my manager what she deserves (low scores), than not taking it at all and not "voicing my opinion". I realize the questions are "prefabricated", but I feel out of the two devils, its better to take it than to ignore it, feel free to correct me if I am wrong.

The problem I see with the SFA is no matter what nothing changes for these "managers". We currently have one manager that has had consecutive the lowest SFA scores in the district and nothing has changed in the past 4yrs. This particular manager was NEVER a courier, but besides that at one time we had the senior manager and a hotshot from Memphis come to get feedback from the workgroup. But nothing ever happened.
"Voicing your opinion" on something they setup to make you think they give a **** what you or your workgroup thinks to me is pointless. Only to pet and coddle you into thinking Fedex cares about your thoughts.
I have had ONE decent manager in my 18yrs here and I took his SFA and gave him decent feedback because he was actually a good guy. On that note 2yrs after being a manager he went back to being a courier!

MrFedEx

Engorged Member
The problem I see with the SFA is no matter what nothing changes for these "managers". We currently have one manager that has had consecutive the lowest SFA scores in the district and nothing has changed in the past 4yrs. This particular manager was NEVER a courier, but besides that at one time we had the senior manager and a hotshot from Memphis come to get feedback from the workgroup. But nothing ever happened.
"Voicing your opinion" on something they setup to make you think they give a **** what you or your workgroup thinks to me is pointless. Only to pet and coddle you into thinking Fedex cares about your thoughts.
I have had ONE decent manager in my 18yrs here and I took his SFA and gave him decent feedback because he was actually a good guy. On that note 2yrs after being a manager he went back to being a courier!

Here's the deal, at least as far as I'm concerned. Managers only exist at FedEx to enforce policy. They aren't paid to think, which should be obvious when you take a look at most managers. They are there to do the bidding of Memphis...that's it. The SFA is a standardized test which I have been told only exists as an indicator of our interest as a workforce in becoming unionized. This makes perfect sense, since the SFA is basically unchanged from when I first took it many years ago. Fred's main deal is keeping the union out, and that's been his focus since Day 1...nothing else really matters.

The SFA is a joke.