It’s SFA Time

MassWineGuy

After seeing a flyer on Monday announcing that this is employee appreciation week at our station, I found out that the SFA happens next week. What a crazy coincidence!

dezguy

SFA scores at my loc have been so bad for years that management has quit trying to employees off with offers of free food or having an employee appreciation week.

Now it's just managers asking that people take the SFA because that's what the higher ups have instructed them to do, or trying to convince the new hires that they should be giving a good score to try to offset the score tenured employees give. Had one manager, a few years ago, go around and tell all the new hires that their answer should always be strongly agree lol.

Reality is, they don't want anyone to take it because it means weeks of dealing with their bosses because scores are in the gutter. Had one senior question me why scores are so bad when the station I'm at is so much nicer than surrounding stations. Ummm... It's not the building. Look at who you have running it.

MassWineGuy

Dezguy, you’re an ops manager? It must be incredibly challenging on many fronts.

I know that if a mgr scores low enough they have to attend a class in employee relations. That’ll fix it.

At my station, we’re back to waiting around until someone comes off road with a vehicle.

dezguy

Dezguy, you’re an ops manager? It must be incredibly challenging on many fronts.

I know that if a mgr scores low enough they have to attend a class in employee relations. That’ll fix it.

At my station, we’re back to waiting around until someone comes off road with a vehicle.
I am not an ops manager.

zeev

SFA results over the years less pay, no pension, lousy healthcare, other benefits lost. My location never even had SFA meetings if you have a problem go talk to your manager.

Cactus

Just telling it like it is
It just goes to show you how pathetic upper management is by still pushing these SFA’s. They were a joke 10 years ago. Nothing is ever resolved by these. Any follow up to these SFA’s are now extremely brief where your manager gets up in front of a work group and hogs the whole 20 minutes allotted to supposedly solve a years worth of ongoing issues. A complete waste of time and money.

bacha29

It just goes to show you how pathetic upper management is by still pushing these SFA’s. They were a joke 10 years ago. Nothing is ever resolved by these. Any follow up to these SFA’s are now extremely brief where your manager gets up in front of a work group and hogs the whole 20 minutes allotted to supposedly solve a years worth of ongoing issues. A complete waste of time and money.
Low score and off you go to the Fedex Mind Control And Reeducation Academy. One of the long standing shortcomings of that company is that they seem to have a hard time accepting people for what they are.

MrFedEx

Engorged Member
Low score and off you go to the Fedex Mind Control And Reeducation Academy. One of the long standing shortcomings of that company is that they seem to have a hard time accepting people for what they are.
We used to regularly have managers who scored in the 40s and 50s on their SFAs, and that's exactly what happened. They were sent off to Memphis to learn to lie more effectively, drink even more Kool-Aid, and spread the misguided gospel of PSP. The managers who learned to "play the system" were pretty much hands-off, and they learned to let a lot of misdeeds and lack of performance just slide by. There were a few 80s and even 90s managers too, who were actually good at their jobs and appreciated for it. All of them moved on to other companies.

Perhaps they should rename the SFA as "FedEx McMuffin and Donut Award Week", because that's usually what happens. Your manager acts human for 2 weeks and plies you with trinkets and crap food.

Pathetic.

Cactus

Hey managers, in just a few short years by enrolling in the FedEx Mind Control And Reeducation Academy, you too can become a well known Memphis shill just like Dano. Imagine the thrill of playing Whack-A-Mole on social media sites vigorously defending and confusing the issues of a company who’s ethics and business practices are on the same level as a tankful of sewage. Enrollment is limited so crash and burn on the next SFA and we’ll see ‘ya there!

Aquaman

I refuse to lie on the survey for my manager. I’m aware that a lot of these questions, which my manager has nothing to do with, directly reflect on him. Things that he has absolutely zero control over. But I don’t care… if this company asks me a question they’re getting an honest answer. It doesn’t matter who it burns. I will not lie about how I feel about this dumpster fire. It’s why ops managers are morons for taking the job. This company breeds misery. Why would you want to be held accountable for it? With no opportunity for overtime? Lol

MassWineGuy

Aqua, truer words were rarely spoken. I feel the same way. Ops mgrs have zero influence over changing what the SFA questions rate. But it fits the “place blame on those below you” attitude FedEx takes in accepting responsibility for causing such wide ranging company disfunction.

AB831

We used to regularly have managers who scored in the 40s and 50s on their SFAs, and that's exactly what happened. They were sent off to Memphis to learn to lie more effectively, drink even more Kool-Aid, and spread the misguided gospel of PSP. The managers who learned to "play the system" were pretty much hands-off, and they learned to let a lot of misdeeds and lack of performance just slide by. There were a few 80s and even 90s managers too, who were actually good at their jobs and appreciated for it. All of them moved on to other companies.

Perhaps they should rename the SFA as "FedEx McMuffin and Donut Award Week", because that's usually what happens. Your manager acts human for 2 weeks and plies you with trinkets and crap food.

Pathetic.
All that work at the academy yields the following cliches from management: “It is what it is,” “be thankful you’re not doing___,” and last but not least, “I’ll look into it and get back to you.” Learn to recite these on a rotation, and you’re a manager!

Cactus

All that work at the academy yields the following cliches from management: “It is what it is,” “be thankful you’re not doing___,” and last but not least, “I’ll look into it and get back to you.” Learn to recite these on a rotation, and you’re a manager!
Or…. as soon as you walk into the building “say I’ve had some sick calls this morning and it looks like I’m gonna have to have you do (insert undesirable route) instead.”