S&P Cuts US Credit Rating to AA+

klein

Für Meno :)
Sometimes claims are made about various nationstates here and in some cases they are right and in some cases they are wrong. Now you can factcheck each other or factcheck yourself before you even post it!

:peaceful:

I fact checked my info on wiki to get 2010 accurate numbers.... Nationmaster is usually behind a few more years, but I must admit, didn't check it this time if they have 2010 data up, yet.

Babagounj

Strength through joy
20110809_watch2.jpg

Catatonic

Nine Lives
Within a week or maybe by a month, the effect will be better known.

Within a week the stock market corrected ad hopefully settled into an adjusted level.
This week had worse fluctuations than I expected but the end result was not as bad as I thought.
I controlled myself and did not look at my portfolio all week.

bbsam

Staff member
I looked at my portfolio, shrugged my shoulders and figured a) I've still got at least 25 years for it to correct itself and b) life tends to grade on a relative curve and if the past is any prediction of the future, I'll be OK.

klein

Main factor now is concentrating on not going down another level regarding the credit rating. Seems that's more possible then going back to AAA !

klein

yup, and only 24 months at it's most to get fiscal financially responsible, again, otherwise it degrades further down.
Adding an estimated 7 more trillion, (after these upcomming cuts), to the debt in 10 years, that will probably be a further downgrade !

Catatonic

Nine Lives
yup, and only 24 months at it's most to get fiscal financially responsible, again, otherwise it degrades further down.
Adding an estimated 7 more trillion, (after these upcomming cuts), to the debt in 10 years, that will probably be a further downgrade !

The 2012 national election will help to clarify the next move by S&P.

Regardless of which side one is on, a clear, focused direction will provide clarity and certainty to the market. Right now you have one side that hates and despises business and the other side that believes that private business is the only way to grow the economy.
A clear direction matters more than an S&P downgrade/upgrade.