Safety Audit this week

Discussion in 'UPS Discussions' started by Saca La, Jul 9, 2019.

1. Saca La

Saca La What is it?

When I got back from to the warehouse tonight I asked a few drivers what the hell the center Manager was talking about and they handed me this paper.

[​IMG]

I gotta freshen up on my :censored2: cause this new center Manager is an *. He’s giving out warning letters and firing people left and right with no second thought. He gave me a warning letter for not having a clean shave. No verbal warning. I already got the paper work to get the doctor note to not shave. Gotta play him on his own games.

Last edited by a moderator: Jul 10, 2019
  2. Feeder665

Feeder665 Go big or go home!

I wrote the answer before I had my morning (well...evening) coffee. Pardon the sarcasm.

3. burrheadd

burrheadd KING Of GIFS

I will
    That will pass

Flavor of the month. Somebody upstairs
    trying to make a name for him/her self

4. oldngray

oldngray nowhere special

Always worse when they shuffle management around every couple of years and the new guy wants to make a name for himself and show his bosses how it should be done.

Within 3 or 4 months everything will be back to the old ways. That worked.

5. Analbumcover

Analbumcover ControlPkgs

They were on a 2 month phase with this sort of crap in my center. For some reason they had it out for the old-timers though. I don't think a single driver with less than 5 years behind the wheel had a ride-along.

6. trickpony1

trickpony1 Well-Known Member

They're hoping the old timers will quit if harassed enough.
    Saves the company money.

7. Chnandler Bong

Chnandler Bong Active Member

That’s odd. I haven’t even had a safety ride for 3 or 4 years now, but they seem to constantly harass the guys with 5 years or less behind the wheel in my building. I’m sure there’s a safety ride on file for me in the office that someone made up, but they haven’t been riding with me at all. One Sup told me that after 20+ consecutive years with no accidents or injuries, they don’t feel the need to do a ride.

8. over9five

over9five Moderator Staff Member

How 'bout you freshen up on your grievance writing skills instead? They don't pay you to come in early and memorize this crap, so DON'T DO IT. You're not playing him on his own games, you're bending over and taking it.
    When they ask me all those 5 point/10 point crap, I give an honest effort to answer it seeing I'm getting paid to do so. But I certainly don't know it, and I certainly am not bringing it home to study.
    Your new center manager needs to be brought back into reality with a boatload of grievances. Where's your shop steward? Go find him, he probably has a plan you can get in on.

• Winner Winner x 5
    • Like Like x 1
    • List
  9. Brownslave688

Brownslave688 You want a toe? I can get you a toe.

1) Seeing habits

2) 10 point commentary

3) slips and falls

4) lifting and lowering

5) yard control

???

10. Brownslave688

Brown monster was a good little runner also. So that makes a difference.

11. Are maybe it's the questions about hazmat and evacuation?

12. Brownslave688

Yeah I replied before I saw his response.

13. Rookie!

14. Superteeth2478

Superteeth2478 Active Member

Well, I think the real question here is whether or not management is the enemy. You know, sometimes I feel that way, but sometimes I feel like I could hang out with them too! I'm so confused. Can you enlighten me, @Maple Grove MN Driver?

15. brownmonster

brownmonster Man of Great Wisdom

Never a runner but smooth as silk with a sense of urgency.

16. Saca La

Saca La What is it?

The new center Manager has been getting buried with grienvences since the first day he got here. It’s crazy. His first day he got I think 15 grievances. And literally everyday there is no less than 3 grievances written out. One by every steward. But nothing seems to be happening. No action. I have no reason to write a grievance just yet. Just playing the game. Everyone in the center wants him gone. Nobody is afraid to write grievances to him. It’s the opposite actually lol.

17. KoennenTiger

KoennenTiger Active Member

This.

18. Maple Grove MN Driver

Maple Grove MN Driver Cocaine Mang!

Management is the ENEMY

19. iowa boy

iowa boy Well-Known Member

You guys get rentals? That's BS. We've been told since march there is no money in the budget for any extra vehicles.

20. tourists24

tourists24 Well-Known Member

you can have our "extra" vehicles lol..... we got a bunch of stupid electric package cars that are garbage....