Safety awards given

helenofcalifornia

Our center is now starting to give out flat screen TV's, Ipods, etc. for no injuries or car crashes over a period of time. (Granted, it's only a 32" TV) It's done as a raffle where everyone gets a raffle ticket and winning numbers are pulled) Are other centers doing the same? And what kind of prizes? Just curious.

filthpig

We do this. Except we get things like t-shirts and those cooler-lunchbox things. Why the disparity? I'll be sure and bring this up at the next raffle-o-loot.

looper804

Is it time to go home yet
Our center is now starting to give out flat screen TV's, Ipods, etc. for no injuries or car crashes over a period of time. (Granted, it's only a 32" TV) It's done as a raffle where everyone gets a raffle ticket and winning numbers are pulled) Are other centers doing the same? And what kind of prizes? Just curious.
Starting last month(April) every driver who is accident and injury free supposidly will receive $25 every month.

Bad Gas!

Our hub did a few contests last year.Whoever knew word for word the five seeing habits would go up against eachother until one person didn't mess up A WORD.....This year we are out of money..They don't even want to pay for safty time anymore..

Bad Gas!

The first thing our center manager says when reporting a injury is " aw your alright"..Sometimes he's right...Other times surgery is required..it's crazy the arogance that comes with the center manager job!

SmithBarney

When I started as a loader at UPS, we would get a $25 dollar card if we were individually injury free for a Quarter. Easy money.. Then they changed it so you'd get the card, then get taxed on the amount. Then they changed it to if your "work group" was injury free. Still ok, but then they changed it to, if your work group was injury free, there would be a raffle for ONE person to win a card, then they changed the definition of Workgroup and in included the whole center(preload,drivers,reload) a practicle impossibility. For one RAFFLE chance for a steak dinner.. Drivers eat steak everynight, preloaders eat steakums..

DS

Fenderbender
They gave me my 6 yr safe dr award(for the 2nd time)
I just toss them now,I dont care about the stupid little pin and the plaque isn't even sturdy enough to use as a cutting board.I chose and recieved my award online months ago.
The stuff in there is pretty basic crap.
Not all drivers eat steaks,I dont even know what a steak-um is,and I dont want to.

toonertoo

Most Awesome Dog
Staff member
We had an all expense paid trip to the 2008 daytona, and it was won by a rookie, who just came back to work, still with a brace on his ankle, who only woirked about 2 months out of the 12 month period. Made me ill, keep the tokens, Ill just take my OT and pay my own way.

rod

Retired 22 years
I just toss them now,I dont care about the stupid little pin.

Rumor has it that the little diamonds on the 20 year an up safe driving pins are worth $25 bucks each at your local jewelry store or pawn shop. I really find that hard to believe because they are only the size of a period........

satellitedriver

They gave me my 6 yr safe dr award(for the 2nd time)
I just toss them now,I dont care about the stupid little pin and the plaque isn't even sturdy enough to use as a cutting board.I chose and recieved my award online months ago.
The stuff in there is pretty basic crap.
Not all drivers eat steaks,I dont even know what a steak-um is,and I dont want to.
I have all my pins.
I have been offered some good bucks from a pin collector for my complete set.
Weird freaks out there collecting stuff.
Most of the awards are crap, but the Coleman lanterns have come in handy when then power goes out.

soberups

Pees in the brown Koolaid
I would rather they cancel the entire Award program, and use the $$ to retrofit the older package cars with 3-point seat belts and power steering.

dilligaf

IN VINO VERITAS
I just recieved my Bob Mackie duffel bag on wheels. Nice bag. I will use it as my carry on when we fly to Puerto Vallarta this summer.