UPS Feeder vs FedEx Freight Linehaul

Mack37

They are doing the pension still it's a portable pension now. I've only been with the company 5yrs now so 5 more to top out. But from what I've been hearing from senior guys is that the pension is not good at all anymore. So that's why I'm considering ups cartage now. Have you heard what he's getting from his pension now?

He hasn’t said but it must not be enough to live on. He came to Usps because he has a lot of military time he bought back so he’ll have another pension. Better than nothing I guess, though.

Csdsm18

He hasn’t said but it must not be enough to live on. He came to Usps because he has a lot of military time he bought back so he’ll have another pension. Better than nothing I guess, though.
Yea just a tough decision to make leaving the company after 5yrs to go to another which I don't know much about. I'm just looking for a better pension and benefits. I'm looking long term which would be better for me.

Mack37

Yea just a tough decision to make leaving the company after 5yrs to go to another which I don't know much about. I'm just looking for a better pension and benefits. I'm looking long term which would be better for me.

Hard to say but depending on how old you are, who’s to say where the pension/benefits will be in 25 years? Other thing that scares me is that you know UPS will be a pioneer once driverless technology really hits. I guarantee they’ll be one of the first companies getting it followed by FedEx.

Who knows though.

Csdsm18

Hard to say but depending on how old you are, who’s to say where the pension/benefits will be in 25 years? Other thing that scares me is that you know UPS will be a pioneer once driverless technology really hits. I guarantee they’ll be one of the first companies getting it followed by FedEx.

Who knows though.
Yepp that's all true, I'm only 30 so I have a ways to go. Shame I hope to good I'll still be driving but I know these self driving cars are coming out fast hopefully someone can stop it from us losing jobs millions of jobs that is.

Inevitable

FFS
UPS pay rates are in the contract. Find the contract and then the supplement for the region you are considering and you can answer your own questions.

"FFS" ay - if I knew exactly where to look for my answers, I wouldn't have been here asking for some direction, now, would I? Also, you once again neglected to actually read: I uploaded the 2018-2023 national master contract in the very post you quoted. In that contract, it lists the progression pay rates for each position but, instead of a number, it merely states "Top Rate" for the 48-months+ payrate. I assume that the specific top rate numbers are in the regional or local contracts. However, before 104Feeder posted, I didn't even know other contracts existed besides the national master contract. Again, if I knew everything about UPS/Teamsters, I wouldn't be here trying to find out. Have a little patience and knock off the wannabe pr*ck act. Otherwise thank you for your contribution.

Thank you to everyone for being so patient and willing to contribute to this conversation.