Safety Grievance

blakerben

Just trying to get coworkers and sups to stop throwing boxes and do better hand to surface and keep the grates/pathways clear.......not having any luck though.

eats packages

Deranged lunatic
Just trying to get coworkers and sups to stop throwing boxes and do better hand to surface and keep the grates/pathways clear.......not having any luck though.
IDK. I've always been passive-aggressive about those kinds of things. Just keep your distance on any box slingers and work slowly around them. It's always fun some idiot monkey throwing boxes around telling you are slow, alwayd brings me tears of joy.

blakerben

Would rather not go down like Fred Sanford lol. Was a good show though.

I do work much slower when next to a box tosser which seems to be most of the night. Nobody really says anything to me except the sups, but after me telling them for the past year that I’m just trying to work safe because of people next to me throwing boxes, they’ve given up trying to make me go faster.

lolbr

If you get hit, file an incident report, even if you believe you are okay. Never know, you may not feel it until the next day or two.

lolbr

Is an incident report the same as an accident report?
Yes. Accident implies no one is directly at fault (an unfortunate incident that happens unexpectedly and unintentionally, typically resulting in damage or injury). If someone is throwing boxes toward someone else, it's not unexpected that they would eventually be hit.

Jkloc420

Do you need an air compressor or tire gauge
Yes. Accident implies no one is directly at fault (an unfortunate incident that happens unexpectedly and unintentionally, typically resulting in damage or injury). If someone is throwing boxes toward someone else, it's not unexpected that they would eventually be hit.
i grieve you right now

blakerben

Isn’t there a 1-800 number employees can call if they feel they feel they need to? What is it exactly and what is that full number?

RolloTony Brown Town

Shut off the aisle every time a box touches the ground creating an egress problem. Your supervisor will be pissed but the egress message will be received.

If you see your supervisor doing work then ask him to stop, then file.

Fuzzy Brown

I work around other sorters who are constantly throwing boxes in an unsafe manner. I had to go on light duty three times last year including one doctors visit just from being hit by boxes. I like sorting and don’t want to have to change to a different area because of others working unsafe. I’ve done everything I can think of. I’ve talked to my coworkers, my area part time supervisor, my full time Sup, my hub manager, my area safety team leader, the head of the safety team and two union stewards. But the unsafe work habits continue. I’m planning on going to my BA this week to see what options I have left. Anybody ever dealt with this or have any thoughts?
Being continually being hit with thrown packages sounds more like workplace violence than being unsafe.

RolloTony Brown Town

Shut off the aisle every time a box touches the ground creating an egress problem. Your supervisor will be :censored2: but the egress message will be received.

If you see your supervisor doing work then ask him to stop, then file.

Ironically enough I’ve had sorters that would do this. If you don’t see it coming it can suck to work through.

It makes you a better supervisor in the long run.

Brown echo

If u are not alive than for sure truth is not real
I work around other sorters who are constantly throwing boxes in an unsafe manner. I had to go on light duty three times last year including one doctors visit just from being hit by boxes. I like sorting and don’t want to have to change to a different area because of others working unsafe. I’ve done everything I can think of. I’ve talked to my coworkers, my area part time supervisor, my full time Sup, my hub manager, my area safety team leader, the head of the safety team and two union stewards. But the unsafe work habits continue. I’m planning on going to my BA this week to see what options I have left. Anybody ever dealt with this or have any thoughts?
1) your safety team area don't work for you , his buying time to be able to do 25 and out , and your BA also , so is only one option let me know, i will tell you!!