sales leads

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

BD tracks the sales lead shipper for 13 weeks, checking the volume during this period from the same period the previous quarter, and you receive points based upon the service level of the pkgs shipped which are in excess of the volume shipped the previous quarter. For example, if XYZ Co. ships 100 more ground pkgs this quarter than the previous, you would receive $5 (100 pkgs * 5 cents/pkg) and this will be added to your Amex card. I just had $329 added to my card this morning, just in time for the weekend, and will be going to Lowes to spend it on Saturday.

Retention leads work the same way but receive more urgent attention as this shipper may have indicated that they are looking to divert their volume to another carrier.

You can check the status of your Amex card. You will need to enter the card number and the 4 digit security code on the front of the card just above the card number to the right side of the card.

dirty moose

Award pending after volume check on 06/04/08
Lead Sold on 02/28/08 - Additional Volume

guess i should see something in the next few days then.

thanks for the help

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

You should see some activity within a week or so.

I have had my card for so long I have forgotten whether you have to activate it or not. You can call the toll free number (1-800-382-7092) for information.

barnyard

KTM rider
If you are planning a vacation out of country, you can use your Amex point card to buy currency in the country you are visiting.

When our family went to Mexico, we bought pesos with the card. The exchange rate was bank rate (which I believe is market rate) and the staff were happy to do it.

With DHL in the news, it's a good time to do some prospecting.

TB

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

.. the new pu vol was not on my route:wink2:

Which sucks if you are the P/U driver and not getting the sales leads dollars. We generally try to respect the route boundaries when we submit sales leads but will submit leads on other routes if that driver could care less about the sales lead program. I had a large pickup transferred to my route as they wanted a later P/U time. The previous driver has an active lead on this account (100 pkgs daily) so I jokingly told him that a gift card to a local restaurant would be nice. I plan on submitting the lead as new volume once he receives his sales lead award.