Same seniority date

UPSGUY72

We work in an extended center so there will be no moving to another center. I told the hall I would change my name to aabott, and they said its not the name you hired on with. Another center in our district said it was whoever punched in first, we share the same local. I tried to argue that I started in november and that some of the other people started in december, that I have actually worked for the company longer but they said we all have the same new rehire date and that I need to suck it up. Anyone got a straw????

Your senority date should fall back to the first day you started working at ups during peak if they rehire you with in the first 60 days of the new year. I would read your rider to the national agreement and see what it says about that. Then file a grievance under that article and section.

brownedout

The only thing that even remotely seems fair in these instances is the old reliable "coin flip". Haven't "we" people with last names beginning in the second half of the alphabet, been affected enough by this point in our lives. By that I mostly mean seating assignments all through school.

grgrcr88

No It's not green grocer!
We go woth the sceduled start time on the first day, if all are the same it goes back to the orientation or training, whichever was first gets the first seniotity.